• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DEs

ncfan

Another big need that will be addressed 

our biggest need on defense.  And in the big needs category along with QB, WR, TE. And possibly LB.

im still not convinced they won’t go QB rd 1.  So going to look at some guys with our 2nd pick and beyond.

this one is a little tricky for me scouting wise.  Because there is a good amount of talent in this class.  But weeding through, a bulk of them are more “edge rushers” and less DEs (Andre Carter is one of them, good player but is a standup edge Lb).  Meaning a lot of standup rushers or smaller weak side guys.  So finding one that fits us as a SDE on the other side of Burns will be slightly more difficult.

one guy I’m really falling for and is rising up the board is Lukas Van Ness.  He been starting to mock him in rd 2 us more and more.

Dude is Raw, but has tools you gets excited for and a even better Motor. 
He’s a bigger body so fits well for us opposite of Burns.  He’s played inside and out.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/lukas-van-ness-9095ead9-8ac1-4aac-98cc-b805c4b81a48/

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Lukas-VanNess-DL-Iowa

if anyone else has some favorites.

drop them in here.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

trouble is we don't know what scheme we'll be running next year,  because we don't have our coaching staff next.  In my mocks I've been taking 4-3 guys, and we have a good chance of one of the top guys falling to 9.

seems to be more choices for the 3-4 guys, as usual.  The big rushers are hard to find.  You take them first if you have a QB....if we don't spend our first on a QB, I'd take  SDE if available, otherwise, WR.

• Pie 2