• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Last of Us on HBO Max

Varking

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

I agree with you but then I watched my girlfriend complete the first game and Ellie in the game cusses like every other word. So it does fall in line with the games version of her. 

Ah. It's been a few years since I've played the game and I don't remember all the details.

HBO has picked up the second season already too.

5 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

It was a good ep with great acting by the two dudes that took center stage, but the whole flashback felt out of place and really didn't have much to do with the story.

I think it had a lot toward pushing the Joel and Ellie connection and showing that there is still hope and joy in that world.  There is only so many episodes you can have looking for a truck battery, thought it needed something like this to build out the world some more since its such a linear story line if you just follow Joel and Ellie. Dont think that letter does what its supposed to for either Ellie or Joel with the audience if you dont see why those words mean what they do.

11 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I think it had a lot toward pushing the Joel and Ellie connection and showing that there is still hope and joy in that world.  There is only so many episodes you can have looking for a truck battery, thought it needed something like this to build out the world some more since its such a linear story line if you just follow Joel and Ellie. Dont think that letter does what its supposed to for either Ellie or Joel with the audience if you dont see why those words mean what they do.

I think them finding the bones/crashed plane and then Ellie's reaction and wonder to the truck did more for their connection than the flashback did. They hadn't really been looking for a battery since they left the safe zone. Your point about the letter and Joel is good though.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

I think them finding the bones/crashed plane and then Ellie's reaction and wonder to the truck did more for their connection than the flashback did. They hadn't really been looking for a battery since they left the safe zone. Your point about the letter and Joel is good though.

I agree it did more for them at that point, but I think Joel processing Tess and understanding what he needs to do is going to help him continually open up to her throughout the series and that letter is sort of the catalyst toward him opening up enough to bring her along.

I guess the first two episodes felt so much like a video game that it was refreshing for me personally to get something a little more fleshed out. I do think the story is simple and straightforward enough to both give us plenty of Joel and Ellie while taking small detours to build out the world and expand out on the themes of love, loss, and survival that are so important to the story.

Psyched for next week, I would bet looking back once this season is finished this episode feels more necessary that it did to some but we'll see.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I agree it did more for them at that point, but I think Joel processing Tess and understanding what he needs to do is going to help him continually open up to her throughout the series and that letter is sort of the catalyst toward him opening up enough to bring her along.

I guess the first two episodes felt so much like a video game that it was refreshing for me personally to get something a little more fleshed out. I do think the story is simple and straightforward enough to both give us plenty of Joel and Ellie while taking small detours to build out the world and expand out on the themes of love, loss, and survival that are so important to the story.

Psyched for next week, I would bet looking back once this season is finished this episode feels more necessary that it did to some but we'll see.

I would guess the producers/writers did the first two eps so closely to the game to show game fans that they understand the source material. Now, it'll be interesting to see how closely they stick to the game the rest of the series. Will they try to milk the games and add stuff to keep those checks coming in for several seasons or will they just stick to the games' story and end things after 2-3 seasons?

• Pie 1

I thought this was one of the best episodes of a show I've seen in a long time.  It felt like a mini movie.  I think it was important not only for the already mentioned reasons but it fleshes out the world a bit more.  It shows a little bit of hope in a world where there really isn't.  It's just possible the game doesn't have enough content for what they are going for and they needed to come up with some good stories to tie in.  I think Offerman is such a fantastic actor, in almost anything I have watched him in.  Comedy, drama, etc.  This performance should open up even more roles for him.   The show IS called "The last of US" so it isn't crazy to see some stories like this etc.

• Pie 3