• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could anything make you quit the team?

Brooklyn 3.0

Moving wouldn't bother me that much because I sort of am in the reverse situation being in New York. They don't come on TV here, they aren't talked about on the radio, and no one else is a fan around me. Yet I still follow them. I could see myself following them no matter where they moved to. But, they ain't moving.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Changing cities is the only thing I can realistically think of

Same here. It was a dream getting an NFL franchise in 1995. Bought Panthers gear and wore it proudly since before they took their first snap. As long as they are in Charlotte, I’m a fan. Doesn’t mean they don’t piss me off and make me sit out a few games at times. 

Edited by Wolfcop
  • Pie 3

Ya know honestly probably not. 

I thought I was done after the CMC trade - especially with how we'd been playing up to that point with the way that Rams game went but time heals all wounds and Wilks somehow brought back some entertainment to my Sundays. 

I thought I was done when they cut Cam, but they picked up Teddy and having gone to Louisville while Teddy was there I was excited to see him QB the team especially since the last time we saw Cam he couldn't throw 15 yards down the field. It hurt but it felt like the right move at the time. 

I thought I was done when they cut Smitty but again there was reason to be optimistic with Cam, Greg, Luke, TD etc. He was my favorite player of all time but I understood the move. 

I think the reason why I'll never be able to quit the team is memories of the good times and a hope that things get better with an understanding that there will be bad times along the way. I have joked more than once the mindset is similar to a toxic relationship where you keep forgiving time and time again because of how things used to be and "maybe they'll change." 

Sincerely I have spent 2/3 of my life chearing for this team and over the course of that time I have so many great memories, many of them with my dad, that I will cherish forever. Panthers games win or lose will always be something I share with him. I will probably always hold onto that nostalgia and maintain a level of sentimental attachment that will make it tough to quit the team. 

Here's to hoping this blind loyalty ends with a super bowl at some point in my lifetime.

• Beer 1

Nothing football related will make me quit the team. Maybe I’d quit posting here to not deal with certain conversations. I love the NFL too much to not watch, either. So if I had to pick another team I’d find some other bad franchise to follow so I don’t feel like I’m bandwagon riding. My dads a Steelers fan and my moms an Eagles fan. They are both good right now so I’d have to rule them out. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Yep, you were one of the two I mentioned. Would you just stick to Heels football? Or do you have a backup NFL team?

Prior to drafting Peppers I was just a general NFL fan. I had favorite players more so than favorite teams. I'd just go back to that.

I'd watch a helluva lot of Commanders games with Howell poised to start next season. Probably gonna do that anyway.

15 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Maybe if they moved. Plenty of things could make me less invested and not watch every single game. I was almost there last year and the beginning of this year until Rhule was fired.  Even if we make the worst move possible and retain the current staff I would probably stay at least a little invested.  But if the team moved, there would be temptation to cut ties (and I’m not even in the Carolinas myself anymore. Haven’t been since the Panthers were 6 years old heh)

I might be tempted to do it, but only if there was a new franchise in its place. I wouldn't, like, go back to rooting for Washington for example (or in my case, the Steelers). I might not even switch if the new franchise was the Charlotte Cheetahs as opposed to the Carolina Cheetahs for example. I take pride---I don't know why---in my birthplace and how it's represented. But I'm more a Triangle guy than a Charlotte guy. My peeps hail from Raleigh mostly, but I do have ties with extended family in South Carolina (including the Rock Hill area ironically).