• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those who ARE interested in Sean Payton...

t96

Tepper had 5 years to get things straight but did what he did. Two years of picking out his shovel and two more years of solid digging. The night watchman is eventually given the keys, and using working man’s tools steps up and stabilizes things somewhat.
As soon as he gets a shower and a good night’s rest Tepper is looking around for a shiny new shovel. This time it will be one of those high dollar Historic ReIssue shovels (they get you most of the way there, most owners say). 

Is Brees here? It was him not Payton. And remember all those great defenses Payton put together? Me neither. You are gonna need both and you are going to empty the cupboard or at least a couple of shelves worth before you start cooking that meal. 
This is the epitome of retread. Maybe Dennis Allen can come on board as DC. 

Edited by stratocatter

about giving up assets to get a good coach---a good coach gets the most out of players.  he has an eye for talent and knows how it fits his system.  Better than drafting good players and not knowing how to use them, not developing them.

I look at 2 panther second rounders who are not being used to their full potential:  Chinn and Marshall.  Bring in Payton, and suddenly these players get better. 

I imagine the plan would be to use the second rounders and the first this year to trade up and grab a QB, giving up this year's third or fourth and next year's first rounder.

That would give Payton a young QB to develop and we will have cap room moving forward, so the pick is not that big of a deal. 

Just analyzing the situation---not as unrealistic as it sounds.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

Tepper had 5 years to get things straight but did what he did. Two years of picking out his shovel and two more years of solid digging. The night watchman is eventually given the keys, and using working man’s tools steps up and stabilizes things somewhat.
As soon as he gets a shower and a good night’s rest Tepper is looking around for a shiny new shovel. This time it will be one of those high dollar Historic ReIssue shovels (they get you most of the way there, most owners say). 

Is Brees here? It was him not Payton. And remember all those great defenses Payton put together? Me neither. You are gonna need both and you are going to empty the cupboard or at least a couple of shelves worth before you start cooking that meal. 
This is the epitome of retread. Maybe Dennis Allen can come on board as DC. 

It's been reported that Vic Fangio is tied to Peyton. One of the best DCs out there.

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

It's been reported that Vic Fangio is tied to Peyton. One of the best DCs out there.

That would be a good get. Will need pieces. And pieces of the cap once you find them. It still has to work that way and I think they were paying Brees so much at one point that it hamstrung them elsewhere. Predicting what he would do this time is beyond my expertise though. 

My main reaction is anchored a bit less in Payton and more in Tepper and the big splash throw money. 
I will say maybe he does think Payton is the best out there available. That is defendable, he well might be. 

Edited by stratocatter

On 1/16/2023 at 6:45 PM, ForJimmy said:

He gets you to a SB, something we don't do well. I'd rather get the Eagles OC because I don't want to give up a 1st round pick, but like him in general as a HC

42 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

He gets you to a SB, something we don't do well. I'd rather get the Eagles OC because I don't want to give up a 1st round pick, but like him in general as a HC

He got the Saints to the Super Bowl with a HoF QB 1 time in how many years? This was also while he was paying to have his competitors injured.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Lol I forgot about that. It was a terrible call that probably cost them the game, but who knows what would happen after that. Also if we are playing that game we can take away a championship from Brady for fumbling after Woodson hit him. It was just bad karma for bountygate. I don’t want that poo over here. We have bad enough luck as it is…