• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Family resorts ideas

Ja  Rhule

In the past 6-7 years my family and I only rented homes in Outer Banks or took a trip to Destin.  That’s it.  I feel like it’s getting a bit stale and kind of want to try something new.  Does anyone go anywhere else on the east coast?  I got 4 wild kids from 4 to 10 years of age.  I have been searching for resorts in Florida that have restaurants, attractions and fun stuff to do.

Please no Myrtle Beach… last time I rented 4 star suite there it smelled like urine and had roaches.  I haven’t been back there in 9 years and will never go back.

Edited by Ja Rhule

11 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Not my cup of tea, but Gatlinburg? Also heard the Great Wolf Lodge or something near Charlotte was good for kids.

Ocean City, Maryland? Haven't.been there in 30 years... smaller scale Myrtle?

Great Wolf Lodge is hell on Earth.  But the kids like it. 

• Pie 3

Thank you, all!  I’m looking for something where I park my car and never seen it again for a week.  Clear ocean water with no big waves.  Everything walking distance and fun for the kids.  Almost everything should be in my price range.  No four season villas tho.  We have been vacationing at Emerald Grande at Destin for years now.

11 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Thank you, all!  I’m looking for something where I park my car and never seen it again for a week.  Clear ocean water with no big waves.  Everything walking distance and fun for the kids.  Almost everything should be in my price range.  No four season villas tho.  We have been vacationing at Emerald Grande at Destin for years now.

Park your car at the airport.  Go to Atlantis in Bahamas

4 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Haha!  I just went to Atlantis with my son 6 months ago.  It was amazing.  The plane tickets are nuts otherwise I so would do it.  $13k for flights is too much.

you could get a covid cruise to the Bahamas for much cheaper than those flights lol. 

• Flames 1