• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roman Harper thinks Sean Payton could be our next HC now

ncfan

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Because at some point people want to retire.  I just feel like he is at a point at his career where there is nothing left to prove.  He could walk away in 2-3 years and go back to broadcasting with no issues.  I mean he walked away from NO after their cap was jacked up and Brees retired.  

Hasnt McVay threatened to do this exact thing 2 years in a row now?  What is he? 36?

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Here’s the deal. Payton is going to coach another 5 years max. 

If he comes here, he is going to bet the future on a championship. 

All or nothing. Just the way Tepper likes it.

Then leave the team gutted and in a rebuild mode if his plan doesn't work out.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

This is the 5th post ive seen talking about his age. Why does his age matter? He is a HC not a player...

Because a guy in his 30s or 40s is able to be kept long term if he's successful. I know turnover for coaches in the NFL is pretty high, but if you can get 10-15 years out of a successful HC, that's an exceptional hire IMO. And for trading away a future 1st, it better be an exceptional hire. At 59, it's a valid question how long would he be wanting to remain as a HC. If he decides in 4-5 years, father time is calling and he wants to be done because the job is too much or more important things like time with the grandkids, there's not much you can do. Plus, he's already retired once. Very valid concerns for a coaching hire I think. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Harper says this years 4th rounder and next years 1st round pick get the deal done

With the LA Rams keeping their HC it's now between us, Broncos, Texans 

I hope none of them sign him.  Also if it gets down to one team it will be hard to pry away a first rounder for him.

• The D 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Saints-paper.ashx?w=928

You’re a guy who has been around here from the beginning and one of the few posters still around I stop to read their posts when they post. I know you are no front runner so I ask this genuinely and not judgement.

if Sean Payton is hired by the panthers, you are done with the franchise for good ? Or until they hire someone new? Will you quit the nfl or pick a new team?

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

Because a guy in his 30s or 40s is able to be kept long term if he's successful. I know turnover for coaches in the NFL is pretty high, but if you can get 10-15 years out of a successful HC, that's an exceptional hire IMO. And for trading away a future 1st, it better be an exceptional hire. At 59, it's a valid question how long would he be wanting to remain as a HC. If he decides in 4-5 years, father time is calling and he wants to be done because the job is too much or more important things like time with the grandkids, there's not much you can do. Plus, he's already retired once. Very valid concerns for a coaching hire I think. 

Now make it a 59 year old coach that has already won a Super Bowl and enjoyed a nice long career.  There is nothing left to prove.  He could retire in 2-3 years and be content.  

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

You’re a guy who has been around here from the beginning and one of the few posters still around I stop to read their posts when they post. I know you are no front runner so I ask this genuinely and not judgement.

if Sean Payton is hired by the panthers, you are done with the franchise for good ? Or until they hire someone new? Will you quit the nfl or pick a new team?

Definitely done as long as Payton is here but honestly it might be my final straw with David Tepper.

• Flames 3