• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roman Harper thinks Sean Payton could be our next HC now

ncfan

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Pete Caroll is 10 years older... no way. If anything Pete Caroll, Bill B, and Bruce Arians are reasons why I would be okay with bringing on a 60 year old coach. They proved that age doesnt hold back from creating successful football teams in the NFL. 

You are assuming the worst with Sean Payton because you dont like him, and I get it. Personally, I have no idea what SP would really do if he was a head coach here. I know he would bring a rockstar coaching staff and lure talent here. That's something we haven't had in a long time.

It's also different to me if these old coaches have been with their franchise for a while now.  I couldn't picture any of them going to a new team and starting over for the long term.  I am definitely assuming the worst in him because I don't like him or want him here.  

I don't think we have enough cap space to lure too much talent this year (unless we do restructuring and make things difficult down the road).  I kind of like the idea of a young offensive minded HC paired with a rookie QB and then build around them.

Listening to Paytons interview from the other day, there was a moment where he was elaborating on what the trade compensation would be where he goes out of his way to mention "if the pick goes into next year...". He was definitely talking about Carolina and knee they aren't going to give up this years 1st for him. Next years 1st and a 4th seems on par for what he was getting at..

• Pie 3

I think it would be beyond stupid to trade next years first rd pick for a coach. We don’t have a QB or a clear path to one and could easily be picking t10 again next year. We benefitted from a cupcake schedule this year as well I don’t think the roster is as good as some people think.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It's also different to me if these old coaches have been with their franchise for a while now.  I couldn't picture any of them going to a new team and starting over for the long term.  I am definitely assuming the worst in him because I don't like him or want him here.  

I don't think we have enough cap space to lure too much talent this year (unless we do restructuring and make things difficult down the road).  I kind of like the idea of a young offensive minded HC paired with a rookie QB and then build around them.

It's really not much different than the Seahawks hiring Pete Carrol. He was 59 when they hired him and on his 2nd stint as an NFL HC. He did exactly what you can't picture according to this post.

As for cap space... we can create 30million in cap without even touching our future seasons this offseason. So I dont agree with your notion unless we do restructuring and make things difficult down the road. 

Again, I understand your disdain for Sean Payton... I just dont think the rationale is there. This is not a new story in the NFL.

Again, Go Ben Johnson.

• Pie 6

31 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Pete Caroll is 10 years older... no way. If anything Pete Caroll, Andy Reid, Bill B, and Bruce Arians are reasons why I would be okay with bringing on a 60 year old coach. They proved that age doesnt hold back from creating successful football teams in the NFL. 

You are assuming the worst with Sean Payton because you dont like him, and I get it. Personally, I have no idea what SP would really do if he was a head coach here. I know he would bring a rockstar coaching staff and lure talent here. That's something we haven't had in a long time.

I would imagine there would be more than one legit QB who would fancy coming here to play for SP. Things here could get VERRRY interesting. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if he leaves that meeting with Tepper as our next HC. Tepper seems like the type of guy who will not leave NY without a deal if it’s something he really wants. And we all know money is not a factor at all. I could see a 5 year, 80 million dollar contract or even more. 

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

“I don’t think he (Sean Payton) likes the situation in Denver with the QB and the Fractured locker room”
-Roman Harper

I can't blame him for that.  Denver might be best served with a guy like Wilks.  The wheels are so far off that they may need somebody to come in and stabilize things, like they did with Fox after the McDipstick debacle.  Wilks essentially did that here in pretty quick order after we unloaded The Process.

They are a mess right now.  They may not want a Wilks/Rivera/Fox type, but it may be what they need.

It's either that or some shock therapy, which was why they were talking to Harbaugh.  But, as dysfunctional as they are, that could make it worse.

Tin foil hat theory.... Roman Harper is friends with Sean Payton, and he is using this to help drive up the cost of Sean Payton for his contract offer. If you think about it he is pinning the two richest owners in the NFL against each other. So when he says these things.... it gets a new owner like Rob Walton wanting to make a splash hire and prove he can get whoever he wants. 

Roman stating this makes it sound like Walton is going to have to outbid Tepper... considering the Broncos will have to make an offer before Friday's meeting with Tepper.... it's fair to assume that this comment from Roman is more than timely enough to facilitate a false bidding war.

My assumption is that the Broncos make a big offer within the next 18 hours.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It's really not much different than the Seahawks hiring Pete Carrol. He was 59 when they hired him and on his 2nd stint as an NFL HC. He did exactly what you can't picture according to this post.

As for cap space... we can create 30million in cap without even touching our future seasons this offseason. So I dont agree with your notion unless we do restructuring and make things difficult down the road. 

Again, I understand your disdain for Sean Payton... I just dont think the rationale is there. This is not a new story in the NFL.

Again, Go Ben Johnson.

I'm cool with Ben too but not hating on Payton. I will also add, if someone knows how to manipulate  the cap... its Payton. Lol