• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roman Harper thinks Sean Payton could be our next HC now

ncfan

50 minutes ago, thennek said:

I get that the Saints get compensation in draft picks, but would it not be better for them to get those draft picks from another team not in the NFC South (IE - Denver, Houston, Indy)?  It would be like the Panthers trading CMC to the Saints and have to face him twice per year/every year.  

For the Panthers, this team still needs a lot:  QB, DE, DT, TE, WR, depth and etc....do not see how they build a team without the picks they are supposedly giving for Payton.  I sure hope this is a smokescreen, and Tepper is not doing this.  I am fine with Payton the coach, but I do not think he is worth what it will cost to get him.  

Payton may not be interested in any of those jobs.

He'll never spend the money that he's already earned. Plus he's got a cushy job as an analyst at Fox. He can afford to sit out another year (or two) if he wants. After that he can still sign with the Panthers (or Falcons, or Bucs for that matter) and still face the Saints twice per year.

You're right about our needs  but those can be filled via FA. Payton's offensive mind is respected by the players in the NFL. I'm sure there are veteran WR's and TE's that would strongly consider coming here if  he took over the team in 2023. His reputation may be able to lure some defensive players as well. A brilliant offensive coach can make life a lot easier for those who play on the other side of the ball.

First off, I would rather have Steichen.  Payton would be a distant third choice, but jeez this place.  So some people here think Payton retired from the saints,  not because he didnt want to coach there anymore, but he retired for an entire year just in the hopes to screw the Panthers in there hypothetical at the time next head coach search?

1 hour ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Why are people still talking about Payton, he is 100% not going to be our next Head Coach,its either going to be Wilks or another coordinator from a successful team 

A successful superbowl winning coach is a pipe dream at this point, we don't have the players or draft picks to attract one

Sure we do.  We have consistently been listed as the most attractive open coaching destination. 

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Payton's taking whatever is offered here to Denver. 

I really don’t think he wants Denver, people view Wilson as a selling point but I think it’s the opposite. That’s an albatross contract for a bad player at this point in his career. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wish literally anyone this side of Vladimir Putin with the resources to do so would've bought this team rather than David Tepper.

Meh different hemorrhoid resulting in the same rectal itch. They don't let in good potential owners but good partners for the NFL. Tepper is just the embarrassment we are stuck with. Denver and the Browns got their turds and whoever buys DC will be another turd. It's the way of the NFL. 

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Meh different hemorrhoid resulting in the same rectal itch. They don't let in good potential owners but good partners for the NFL. Tepper is just the embarrassment we are stuck with. Denver and the Browns got their turds and whoever buys DC will be another turd. It's the way of the NFL. 

Of all the turds, Tepper is the turdiest

• Flames 1