• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Payton + Brady ???

chknwing

53 minutes ago, t96 said:

Brady had a HORRIBLY inefficient season, despite having elite weapons. Rodgers played better with a bunch of scrubs around him. 

And Brady literally just retired once and un-retired. Neither has any potential past a year or two. I'm not advocating for Rodgers, that contract just makes it too difficult to make any sense at all. But Brady is fuging trash at this point.

Brady was 3rd in the NFL in DYAR, Rodgers was 16th.

Brady was 8th in DVOA, Rodgers was 21st.

Brady was 18th in QBR, Rodgers was 27th.

Brady was 25th in Completion Percentage Above Expectation, Rodgers was 26th.

Green Bay had 30 drops on the season. Tampa Bay had 29.

I am basically unaware of any meaningful metric or efficiency rating that doesn't show Brady had a better year.

If you can make a solid argument as to why you believe that, I am all ears but the eye test and the stats do basically align on Rodgers looking worse. 

• Pie 1

I hate Tom as much as anyone, and he's not what he used to be, but he would instantly be the best QB that's played for this team since Cams shoulder injury. 

Keep In mind at one point this season our starting QB was ranked 33rd in the league, a team had two QB's outperforming Baker. Tom just being average is a massive improvement. 

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, joemac said:

This trash would be one of the most prolific QB seasons in Carolina Panthers history.

dude watch the games, those stats are really not that good in today's passing league. He was 31st in the league in yards per attempt, 18th in passer rating. 21st in the league in TD% (yes he had 25 passing TDs but it took him an absurd amount of pass attempts), this was lower than Davis friggin Mills. 

And yes he had some WR injuries but he had Evans all year, Godwin most of the year, Julio most of the year, and Otton has shown more at TE than any of our guys. Brady did not have a good season at all this year. And he's only trending downward.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, t96 said:

dude watch the games, those stats are really not that good in today's passing league. He was 31st in the league in yards per attempt, 18th in passer rating. 21st in the league in TD% (yes he had 25 passing TDs but it took him an absurd amount of pass attempts), this was lower than Davis friggin Mills. 

And yes he had some WR injuries but he had Evans all year, Godwin most of the year, Julio most of the year, and Otton has shown more at TE than any of our guys. Brady did not have a good season at all this year. And he's only trending downward.

I am basically unaware of any meaningful metric or efficiency rating that doesn't show Brady had a better year.

If you can make a solid argument as to why you believe that, I am all ears but the eye test and the stats do basically align on Rodgers looking worse. 

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, joemac said:

I don’t see much point in getting into the depths of comparing the two. My main point is I have no interest in either one of them

The thing about that last game is it gives you a pretty good preview of what Brady is going to look like at the end of a long season against a playoff quality team.

Same as with Payton, fans are all about getting a guy for what he used to be and thinking he'll be that again.

Edited by Mr. Scot

It's been 20 years, yall. 

It's okay to like the GOAT now. 😅 

The dude is up there in age, though. I'd like a young QB that will be the face of the franchise for years to come. Its hard to get excited for one decent year until failing back to mediocrity.

However, if Brady and Payton did come here, I'd be happy.