• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record now before the hire is made Re: Sean Payton

GOAT

Go on record now before the hire is made Re: Sean Payton  

225 members have voted

1. 1. If we hire Sean are you still a Panthers fan?

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'll never root for any Sean Payton coached team and neither would any Panthers fan with a single ounce of moral fortitude. If you're willing to completely change your mind on a person because of the color of his shirt you're fuged in the head.

Been a Panthers fan for 25 years. Not gonna change or not be a fan because of a coach. Just sounds petty. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Been a Panthers fan for 25 years. Not gonna change or not be a fan because of a coach. Just sounds petty. 

I mean, it's not really that petty. People stop being a fan for all sort of reasons. If someone wants to put a pause on their fandom because of a failing franchise, they can. There's a lot to do and experience in life.

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

There are a bunch of people who say they will "quit the team" with every move that is made if it is made. None ever quit and they are always back. It is their way of appearing to be tough and hardcore like they are drawing a line in the sand. I dont know one of these people that have ever actually quit being a fan who has threatened it over a move the team makes. They will be here bitching next year in week one anyhow so I never take them seriously

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Been a fan for 20 years. Never been a fan of a team coached by a complete POS though and not gonna start now.

Yep. What does it matter really? It's weird how obsessive some of these people are, especially considering Payton's history. They must really be sold on the idea that he would make the team a winner. So much so that they can't live and let live with others in their own fandom.

Sean Payton gave up the moment Brees couldn't carry him. He gave up on the New Orlean's Saints. After 16 years on the team, he decided to leave abruptly after seeing what a mess the team was. One Devin Funchess catch away from being a losing post-season coach.

How many years do you think it will take for him to make the Panthers a Super Bowl team? Considering he had one go in 16 years for the Saints. Do you think he would be able to find a new quarterback to carry his offense, especially after the Panthers give our division rival their asking price?

Edited by Krovvy

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Been a fan for 20 years. Never been a fan of a team coached by a complete POS though and not gonna start now.

Only option is to quit if he is hired then. I agree he is a POS but we have had players on the team before who were POS as well. I would like to say people change but we both know at 60 most are set in their ways and he is not going to. I know rooting for the team means rooting for him so it is like a double edged sword. Between bounty gate and breaking into the training room to steal the pain pills I would say he has earned your dislike and anyone elses as well.

On 1/18/2023 at 12:14 PM, 4Corners said:

You can sue him in the state of NC for being a home wrecker. Would offer you a nice settlement to avoid court. This is a real thing in NC, a dude in Huntersville sued eagles DT Fletcher Cox for banging his whore wife and got paid. 

It should be country wide, unless it's been previously agreed upon or something like that.

24 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Only option is to quit if he is hired then. I agree he is a POS but we have had players on the team before who were POS as well. I would like to say people change but we both know at 60 most are set in their ways and he is not going to. I know rooting for the team means rooting for him so it is like a double edged sword. Between bounty gate and breaking into the training room to steal the pain pills I would say he has earned your dislike and anyone elses as well.

I've said I'm done as a Panthers fan for as long as he's here if he's the hire. I'm honestly not sure if I'd ever be back as a fan. Tepper has really turned me off over and over again.

On 1/18/2023 at 12:14 PM, 4Corners said:

You can sue him in the state of NC for being a home wrecker. Would offer you a nice settlement to avoid court. This is a real thing in NC, a dude in Huntersville sued eagles DT Fletcher Cox for banging his whore wife and got paid. 

What? Wow, I had no idea that existed! What if someone bangs a married woman that they have no idea she was married? Could they still be sued? That could get to be a very shaky and gray area it seems like.

13 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

Sorry I was fast typing and really payed no attention. When I think about it and slow down it is "berth" isnt it. The joke still stands though and you get the general meaning I do believe. It was meant to make you laugh by the way and not an insult at all. If it came off as insulting I apologize.  In reality I would not be happy if your wife banged SP for a playoff "birth". See what I did there? Thanks, Im here all week.

Edited by YourLastThought
  • Beer 1