• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs wild 7pm

Panthers Fan 69

7 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Well got orders to Germany yesterday. Going to go to as many games as I can   the rest of this season. 

Can't you negotiate orders with your detailer? When I was in we called our rating (MOS) detailer to see what he had available and we could make a choice or take a chance & wait a few weeks. This started about 6 months before your rotation date.

I don't think I ever got sent anywhere I didn't want to go. That is, until I hit my 19 year mark and they told me I had to go to DC. I kept asking them for another ship, but they were clear that wasn't an option. So I decided to retire on 20.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Can't you negotiate orders with your detailer? When I was in we called our rating (MOS) detailer to see what he had available and we could make a choice or take a chance & wait a few weeks. This started about 6 months before your rotation date.

I don't think I ever got sent anywhere I didn't want to go. That is, until I hit my 19 year mark and they told me I had to go to DC. I kept asking them for another ship, but they were clear that wasn't an option. So I decided to retire on 20.

We have a “market place” now where we rank available assignments and the Army places you based on an algorithm nobody understands. I had Germany as my second option so I’m definitely excited about this. I had Hawaii number one but I’ve already been stationed there previously. Germany will be a 3 year tour - I’m just hoping it’s not Vilsek as I don’t want to spend the next 3 years standing on the Polish-Ukrainian border. Other than my first duty station, I haven’t really been stationed anywhere I didn’t want to go either. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

37 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

We have a “market place” now where we rank available assignments and the Army places you based on an algorithm nobody understands. I had Germany as my second option so I’m definitely excited about this. I had Hawaii number one but I’ve already been stationed there previously. Germany will be a 3 year tour - I’m just hoping it’s not Vilsek as I don’t want to spend the next 3 years standing on the Polish-Ukrainian border. Other than my first duty station, I haven’t really been stationed anywhere I didn’t want to go either. 

It’s probably Vilsek. We have been bolstering troops all over the eastern front especially in the past little bit. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Patches and Anderson = W

also, how sad that KK is demoted all the way to the 4th line.

Looking at that lineup if we could trade for a second line Center to replace Stassney that could be another key piece.

A trade for a 2nd line center man would be awesome at the trade deadline!

• Pie 1