• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte FC defender Anton Walkes dies

ladypanther

Anton Walkes, a player who spent the entire 2022 season with Charlotte FC, died early on Thursday morning following a boating accident in South Florida. He was 25. Walkes was announced in critical condition after two boats crashed near Miami Marine Stadium Wednesday afternoon, per the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. The Miami Herald reported that he was found unconscious and received CPR from Miami Fire Rescue. Charlotte FC had arrived in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on Jan. 9 to begin a 12-day training camp to kick off its 2023 preseason. “Everyone at Tepper Sports & Entertainment is devastated by the tragic passing of Anton Walkes. He was a tremendous son, father, partner and teammate whose joyous approach to life touched everyone he met,” said Charlotte FC owner David Tepper.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/charlotte-fc/article271364102.html#storylink=cpy

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Our hold on life is extremely tenuous.  I've lost count of the number of times I passed within a few feet or a even a few inches of unintentionally cutting my life short.  I'm more cautious these days as a survivor and I'd like to think that'll serve me well, but sometimes, you just don't see it coming.  

Deepest condolences to his family and friends.

RIP

• Pie 3