• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Thread

Panthers Fan 69

Before the Canes can do anything, they need to free up some cap space beyond the current $3.1M they have.

I don't think anything will be in the works until Max's injury is thoroughly diagnosed. If he goes on LTIR and/or is done for the season, the additional space may precipitate a move. I'd certainly entertain any move that would include Bo Horvat, but not give up the farm for him.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 1

Tarasenko is a younger version of Pacioretty, by a couple years is all. But he's on IR as well with a 4-week hand injury from Jan 2. He does have 29 points in the 34 games he's played. He's also a UFA after this season. I'd be interested if the Canes could land him with a prospect and a reasonable price. Again, I don't think he's a $7.5M player, but...

Horvat has 49 points in 45 games and is 4 years younger than Tarasenko. He's currently playing out a $5.5M contract and is also a UFA at the end of the year. He could be a long term fix at the center position for the Canes on the 2nd line replacing Paul Statsny, who, at 37, will be gone after the season. And who knows how much longer Jordo is going to play? 

• Flames 1