• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Thread

Panthers Fan 69

11 hours ago, philit99 said:

I know Waddell wants something more than a rental, but I am hearing Patches wants to give it another try next year, hum. If we got Timo and Patches with this core, wow.

And I think the Canes are seriously considering keeping him next year. Look, after 2 Achilles injuries in less than a year, he'll have had 10 months of rehab before lacing up the skates next season. He will also take a lower salary number given he's very damaged goods at this point. He might play for $5.5-6M versus the $7M he got this year.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

And I think the Canes are seriously considering keeping him next year. Look, after 2 Achilles injuries in less than a year, he'll have had 10 months of rehab before lacing up the skates next season. He will also take a lower salary number given he's very damaged goods at this point. He might play for $5.5-6M versus the $7M he got this year.

I actually believe he would play for a little lower than that, possibly $4.5 for two years.  It is said he really likes Raleigh and NC in general, and he really likes Rod and the team. 

• Beer 1

I think Waddles is trying to land Timo, but he isn't going to give up the farm to do it.  I also believe he'll want an extension in place before he sends the goods over to SJ.

If they miss on Timo, I am expecting Donny to kick the tires on Barbashev as a rental for a 3rd rounder and mid-level prospect (maybe more if they arrange an extension).  I still believe he's talking to the Preds about Nino. 

Maybe Boeser, he's got term although I think Vancouver would have to retain some salary if they want anything of real value for him.  Boeser needs a change of scenery and could be very solid on the Canes, he is having his worst season of his career this year. 

An under the radar move that would make our bottom 6 a little faster would be Sam Lafferty, he's fast and has shown he can score a little.  He also comes with term and shouldn't cost much.  Doesn't move the needle and I really don't know who he would bump out of the lineup....probably a stupid thought here.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Dundon did an interview with Seravalli today and he stated that we are going to be aggressive. Seravalli stated later after the interview was over that the Canes have a very good offer in for Meier.

Very good scares me a bit… did we offer a first rounder, Morrow, and Drury…

Very good for us?

• Pie 1