• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Thread

Panthers Fan 69

4 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

A lot 

Yes, but both of them come with term so they will be here and under a known salary.

It would take a 1st, 2nd, Morrow and + + for them.

Schmaltz and Gostisbehere would be less because Gostisbehere is a rental unless you extend him and that's part of the deal.  Still would cost a 1st, 2nd, and a couple of mid-tier prospects.

I think we also may need to think about Boeser and Schenn from Vancouver.  Boeser is having a terrible year and needs a change of scenery.  Schenn is a pure rental - would cost less I think than any duo of Coyotes.

Also, on defense Jake McCabe is an option with term. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Well we did trade for Burns with him, just seems we weren't willing to give up as much for either a rental or a player who would cost us at least $10M next year.

I don't fault Waddles for not paying the price SJ wanted, especially knowing Timo likes the West.  From what I've read the Blues actually could have offered the absolute best package for him, but they didn't either.

Cup or bust for Jersey!! 

Not really cup or bust for them. Well I'm not sure they keep Timo long term, the guys they traded away were nothing more than bottom tier 3rd liners/4th liners or prospects that would probably never make it for them. NJ will be very good the next several years, with or without Timo.

I feel bad for sharks fan. They got absolutely fleeced in this deal and outside of the draft picks got nothing worthwhile. They are going to be Yotes/Ducks level bad for at least the next 5 years

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Not really cup or bust for them. Well I'm not sure they keep Timo long term, the guys they traded away were nothing more than bottom tier 3rd liners/4th liners or prospects that would probably never make it for them. NJ will be very good the next several years, with or without Timo.

I feel bad for sharks fan. They got absolutely fleeced in this deal and outside of the draft picks got nothing worthwhile. They are going to be Yotes/Ducks level bad for at least the next 5 years

They got the most they could for him - in their opinion.

SJ wasn't going to pay Timo $10M next year as they are in total rebuild mode.  Timo wasn't going to sign long term in SJ.  They got a lot of parts/pieces for him when they could have gotten nada.

It will be funny if SJ gets the #1 pick. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, WelshPanther said:

Leafs adding a good D line man. East is going to be brutal man. 

Two players I mentioned going to the Leafs that will help them.

Toronto got a lot better in two weeks for basically nothing.  The Canes are sitting idle with their thumb stuck up their ass.

This is where opportunities are lost, and we are heading down a disappointing path.  This reminds me of Francis not doing anything to make the team better.

• Pie 1