• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Natalie Miller's mock draft 1.0

Verge

7 hours ago, ncfan said:

And then sit and watch teams run all on us or sit back and pick us apart with their WR3 or TE with no pass rush.  While the offense struggles to score.

Free agency has better pass rush options than the draft imo, tho I like KJ Henry in the 3rd or 4th.

I don't see any likely available pass rushers in the 1st either that I think would have a bigger impact than Porter.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

I'm coming around to a CB in the first if a QB or DE aren't available.  

Donte and  JC have had multiple injuries, Henderson appears to be a bust (the poor guy has had 3 HC and 3 DC in his short career, with Rhule and Urban giving his intro to the NFL just about as bad a start as possible).

If we pick at 9, we have to get an impact player, and CB is one of those positions that impacts games.  

Much prefer a pass rusher to pair with Burns. Granted, I don't know much about this year's draft and prospects so not sure any make sense in the range we are picking. Get Carr as an actual good stopgap (unlike the shitty ones of the past 3 years) and let our new HC handpick his QB when he falls in love with one in a draft (kinda like Reid with Mahomes several years into his KC career), even if we need to trade up in the future.

23 hours ago, t96 said:

Much prefer a pass rusher to pair with Burns. Granted, I don't know much about this year's draft and prospects so not sure any make sense in the range we are picking. Get Carr as an actual good stopgap (unlike the shitty ones of the past 3 years) and let our new HC handpick his QB when he falls in love with one in a draft (kinda like Reid with Mahomes several years into his KC career), even if we need to trade up in the future.

This class is absolutely loaded with edge talent 

• Pie 3

Much rather have some Dline help or just trade back then any DB.

Really not impressed with what we have gotten out of what we have spent on CB recently. First move Jackson for a pick or find one in the 3rd to 5th range that can contribute regularly before shooting for another top 10 CB pick.

On 1/22/2023 at 6:20 PM, Icege said:

Free agency has better pass rush options than the draft imo, tho I like KJ Henry in the 3rd or 4th.

I don't see any likely available pass rushers in the 1st either that I think would have a bigger impact than Porter.

I think KJ is going to be rotational depth in the NFL.   He wasn't really dominant at Clemson and that was being in a great position to be.  Good DT play and a better DE across from him.   

Think this current crop coming out at Clemson is a step back from what they have been putting out into the NFL on the DL. 

On 1/21/2023 at 12:47 PM, Verge said:

Thats how fitterer gets fired

• Pie 2