• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Playoffs - Week Two

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Dallas’ run defense is statistically worse than the eagles.  The eagles have 10x better pass defense. Eagles defense is much more challenging for the 49ers realistically and statistically.

Nobody pressures like Dallas does and I think SF had to rely on quick passing and extra protection more than usual. I agree the Eagles pass D is much better, but the 49ers are a run first team that uses it to open up the playaction pass.

I think the game is going to surprisingly be high scoring (50+ total points).

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I think the players will be the ultimate outcome.

Hurts is just a better QB than Purdy. That will be the difference imo.

In games like these it often comes down to things coaches preach all year. Penalties at crucial times, turnovers, missed field goals or extra points, etc. 

I remember watching the game between the Cowboys and the Obviously-bad Bucs and everyone here was saying "That could've been us getting destroyed" .

But watching Dak doing what he did in this past game against the Niners makes me wonder if we actually would've had a legitimate shot at winning even with Sam Darnold at QB....

Dak is a "Good QB".   That is not a question.

But he apparently isn't one who can put a team on his back.

He, like Darnold this past season, needs the Running Game to be going in order to be successful and not be depended on too much to "throw" the team to a win. 

Maybe I'm over-analyzing things but....Brock Purdy (A 3rd-string QB) beat him so....anything is possible.

Right?

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From the Cowboys official Twitter...

😳

The Cowboys look like an organization that is all about excuses.  They had the "blame the kicker" excuse armed and ready to post until Prescott threw the ball away a couple of times, and, after an initial bad PAT the kicker made two FGs.

What they are saying is certainly not untrue, but these are the guys they put and keep on the roster.  It's not like these limitations are something new.  What is true is their coaching staffs never seem to be able to compensate (and generally looks like they invite the very situations that blow up) and their GM is a buffoon.  Those two things are probably very related.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1