• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New PFT article on what the Saints want for Payton

WarPanthers89

What has Sean Payton done without Brees?  About as much as Rivera has done without Cam.  NOTHING  

A corpse could have a won a Super Bowl with Brees eventually.  The fact that Payton only won one with one of the best QBs to ever play the game is an indictment not an endorsement.  fug Payton, go sniff glue.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im laughing at these Sean Payton threads.

Colin Cowherd is very close to Payton they had dinner last weekend and he said Payton loves the Denver situation the best.

And there is no way we should be trading picks for a damn coach. That would set us back even more. Stop this Sean Payton nonsense. Guy has 1 SB appearance in his entire career.

When did Sean Payton become this major factor?

You all are just butthurt. Payton can scheme. He can adapt. He can build a team and a legit/elite staff.

Tepper needs a HC like Payton. He will build the roster and culture. He’ll tell Tepper to fug off with dumbassery as well. Until now, all Tepper is known is kiss ass Hurney, salesman Rhule, and yes man Fit. None of them were at the top of their positions or knew what the fug they were doing. Think about that for a second.

You wonder why Tepper is so such an inept owner? He learns nothing and surrounds himself with the wrong people. Payton is the only coach guaranteed to have the balls and more importantly, the resume to put Tepper in his place. That includes getting rid of Fit and finding a real GM. Or at least have him just be there to fill out paperwork.

I don’t think some of y’all really comprehend what’s happening here. Tep is creating the modern Browns and another tenure (3-4 years) of five wins and it’s going to be near impossible to dig this franchise out. He already is seeking help from his wife instead of legitimate counsel. Fit is still here. These are HUGE red flags.

If you look at the 49ers and theor past years’ records, it’s almost exactly what is happening here. Until their owner got the fug out of the way and started hiring people that knew what they were doing. Who knows where they’d be if they kept doing Tepper-esque bullshit.

For the love of god someone needs to teach Tepper. He’s probably not willing though, but especially won’t be without having a Payton or Harbaugh type coach calling out his idiocy.

Like or hate Payton, this franchise needs him on more ways than the others.

Edited by onmyown
  • Poo 7

If picks are given up for Payton, I hope they are picks from this years draft and not next years. Everything I have read is that next years draft will be loaded due to a lot of underclassmen talent staying in school this year for NIL money.

If only there was a free agent QB that we could sign this year to be a bridge QB til next year...

jimmy g 49ers GIF

I don't think we should give up two first round picks for him, that much I agree with.

I hope he just holds out and doesn't go to Denver because I do believe he will be successful there and I don't want to see that.

If he wants to bring his own GM, I doubt Houston will be the spot either. He would have the chance to take a QB in the top 2, however.

11 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im laughing at these Sean Payton threads.

Colin Cowherd is very close to Payton they had dinner last weekend and he said Payton loves the Denver situation the best.

And there is no way we should be trading picks for a damn coach. That would set us back even more. Stop this Sean Payton nonsense. Guy has 1 SB appearance in his entire career.

When did Sean Payton become this major factor?

Well he should right now. Out of the Texans or Broncos, you'd prefer Denver too.  He hasn't met with us yet.  That's happening on Monday.  We will see what happens then.  How can he like us best when he hasn't interviewed yet?

10 hours ago, onmyown said:

You all are just butthurt. Payton can scheme. He can adapt. He can build a team and a legit/elite staff.

Tepper needs a HC like Payton. He will build the roster and culture. He’ll tell Tepper to fug off with dumbassery as well. Until now, all Tepper is known is kiss ass Hurney, salesman Rhule, and yes man Fit. None of them were at the top of their positions or knew what the fug they were doing. Think about that for a second.

You wonder why Tepper is so such an inept owner? He learns nothing and surrounds himself with the wrong people. Payton is the only coach guaranteed to have the balls and more importantly, the resume to put Tepper in his place. That includes getting rid of Fit and finding a real GM. Or at least have him just be there to fill out paperwork.

I don’t think some of y’all really comprehend what’s happening here. Tep is creating the modern Browns and another tenure (3-4 years) of five wins and it’s going to be near impossible to dig this franchise out. He already is seeking help from his wife instead of legitimate counsel. Fit is still here. These are HUGE red flags.

If you look at the 49ers and theor past years’ records, it’s almost exactly what is happening here. Until their owner got the fug out of the way and started hiring people that knew what they were doing. Who knows where they’d be if they kept doing Tepper-esque bullshit.

For the love of god someone needs to teach Tepper. He’s probably not willing though, but especially won’t be without having a Payton or Harbaugh type coach calling out his idiocy.

Like or hate Payton, this franchise needs him on more ways than the others.

1 SB in his entire career. He's asking for 20 million and he's not even the best coach in the NFL. 

Payton wants control and power that's all. He bailed on the Saints when he loss his QB Drew Brees. Dude quits when it comes time to rebuild. Oh and lets not forget the bounty he put on certain players. 

No thanks I don't want any part of that guy.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Well he should right now. Out of the Texans or Broncos, you'd prefer Denver too.  He hasn't met with us yet.  That's happening on Monday.  We will see what happens then.  How can he like us best when he hasn't interviewed yet?

If Tepper offers him the farm it will be the worst thing that happened to this franchise.

He clearly wants money and power. Sorry but he's not worth 2 1st round picks. You need more than 1 SB to have that type of power. Im just hoping Tepper doesn't sell out for this clown.

Use some logic here. He isn't going to Arizona or Houston. If he goes to Denver when do they even have another first round pick.  Payton would be dumb to cripple his new team. He should pick his spot then If the saints don't agree to minor compensation he waits till next year and they get nothing. Want in one hand, poo in the other.