• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Olsen very good in the booth

Jmac

I love how way in depth Olsen is able to go on so many aspects of the game.

Hearing him announce is like having a real time analyst that is able to offer insight and basically secrets that many people don’t know.

I have watched the NFL for 25 years but I always learn something new just about any time he speaks.

• Pie 3

12 hours ago, Jmac said:

Like his style and his delivery. Smart guy who fits right in and his well spoken. 

Happy for him to find his niche after his playing days are over.

It took him a half a season to warm up between his guest appearances, and getting into this one. But damn he’s really found his niche. 

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

Gronk wasn’t even the best tight end on his team. 

only reason he didn’t end up traded to Oakland or whatever is Aaron hernanzdez decided to rent his murder van from Hertz. 

You're pretty far off on this one. Gronk and Hernandez played together for the first three years of both their careers. Hernandez only received for more yards in their rookie year. Gronk made the all-rookie team that year with 4 more TDs than Hernandez. Gronk was 1st team All-Pro in his second year

I'm not saying Hernandez wasn't good. He was very good, but it's difficult to argue Gronk isn't one of the best tight ends of all-time.

Edited by ECHornet

16 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

You're pretty far off on this one. Gronk and Hernandez played together for the first three years of both their careers. Hernandez only received for more yards in their rookie year. Gronk made the all-rookie team that year with 4 more TDs than Hernandez. Gronk was 1st team All-Pro in his second year

I'm not saying Hernandez wasn't good. He was very good, but it's difficult to argue Gronk isn't one of the best tight ends of all-time.

Patriots extended Hernandez first for a reason. 

42 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Both Olsen and Romo are good analysts. 

The thing I like better about Olsen is you have to keep reminding yourself that it is Olsen.....he sounds like a guy that has been doing the commentary for decades.  Merlin Olsen had a similar delivery. 

Man… with a little training. Olsen as play by play and romo as analyst, I don’t care who’s playing i’d watch that game every week. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Patriots extended Hernandez first for a reason. 

Hernandez was versatile and Bill loves his versatile players, but Gronk handily outproduced him by tens of hundreds of yards/16 Tds their final 2 years together (they were about the same their rookie year) even with them playing about the same number of games. Hernandez was the cheaper of the 2 but still pretty good so yeah, lock him up (no pun intended) in case something happened with Gronk.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Man… with a little training. Olsen as play by play and romo as analyst, I don’t care who’s playing i’d watch that game every week. 

That would be good.  Olsen's delivery is such he could probably handle the play-by-play.

Even if the game was awful, having it on as background just to hear that would be worth it.

• Pie 1