• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sexy Day 2 RB!!

WOW!!

I've been mocking Chase Brown and Dewayne McBride a lot in the middle of the draft. If I miss out there, I take Ibrahim and Spears late.  Abanikanda is in the middle of those selections.  We have to take a RB because Foreman is a short term answer and Chuba is too inconsistent.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

If you liked Terrell Davis and want the same kind of value that translated to the NFL, then this is your RB. His work ethic, power, agility, quickness, patience, instincts, blocking, and leadership are all there. He can tight rope a sideline while bulldozing LBs. Pushes the pile and has a powerful lean that a single defender struggles to stop. I doubt he would light up the combine, but put him on a football field and he will score TDs and get 1st downs. Best redzone RB in the draft. Best blocking RB in the draft. NFL ready.

Mo Ibrahim

Highlights

Performance after injury

Performance before injury

Breakdown

Thanks for the links. A lot of value at RB late in this draft. If we were sticking with McAdoo's offense, I think Ibrahim could give you >80% of what Foreman did this year as a rookie, and we'd have him cheap for 4 years. I'm not sure he's a fit for all offenses/downs though. I do like him in short yardage situations.

22 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Kendre Miller TCU 6’0 220 

Devon Achane 5’9 185lb

Tank Bigsby 6’0 213lb

Sexy day 3 may be Cam Peoples, out of App State, if he can stay healthy. 6'2 225 lbs and ran all over every P5 opponent that App played, including Texas A&M. Had 95 yards against Miami in 2021 when he went out midway through the 3rd quarter. Ran for over 100 against UNC. 

Big guy who literally runs through, over, and around people. 

If Achane is a Day 2 pick then I am a monkey's uncle. 

Edited by CPcavedweller

If only this guy was taller. His agility, small stature, and field vision remind me of the player we just traded. The skillset is there though along with the production...almost 30 total touchdowns in the last two seasons. 

I'd definitely pick him up in the later rounds. If he's still there in the 5th, no questions asked. 

Gut feeling our "sexy" draft will go QB, WR, RB, LB, WR. Double dip at WR depending on our HC....nothing is off the table.  

If you want a RB this is definitely the draft to get one. I also like Achane and Charbonnet. 

Big fan of the RB class.  Could find a stud with any of our midrounders from the late SF-2nd to our 5th.    

Charbonnet, Abanikanda, Roschon Johnson, Chase Brown, & my fave Tyjae Spears.  

I just love what Spears did this year.  Tulane closed out beating, what, like 4 ranked teams in a row (including USC in the Cotton Bowl), and it was in large part because of him.  

• Pie 1

Saw a stat on Bigsby (being an Auburn guy) that the average distance he rushed last season prior to the opposing defense making contact with him was 1/2 yard.  Which means if you look at his statistics from last season, the VAST majority of his 2022 rushing yards were YAC.

Auburn’s OL was *awful* last year.

54 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Honestly i say we roll with what we got, lock up foreman for four years and keep with chuba and alternating. depends on the coach thought, but we have potential at the position that I don't think needs to be messed with.

I'd rather just draft a 4th round or later RB or sign an undrafted guy to replace Foreman while using the money that you would have paid him to pay for more Oline or Dline players.