• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When will the Panthers hire a new HC?

kungfoodude

Guess away.  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What day with the Panthers new HC be hired?

I think they will do a second round of interviews this week and make the decision early next week.  Tuesday's seems to be the day for big news in the Panthers organization (1/31).

I doubt the decision is made (public-- the organization may know by then) any earlier than this coming weekend. On the other hand, I don't think it comes any later than Super Bowl week--so no later than 2/6.

34 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I think they will do a second round of interviews this week and make the decision early next week.  Tuesday's seems to be the day for big news in the Panthers organization (1/31).

I doubt the decision is made (public-- the organization may know by then) any earlier than this coming weekend. On the other hand, I don't think it comes any later than Super Bowl week--so no later than 2/6.

I am curious to see who makes the cut if second round interviews are in order.

Also curious to see if any of our interviewees get poached by the time we make our decision. Whether they were in serious consideration here or not.

That is another interesting question that could be asked. Where in the order of available open positions will we fill our coaching vacancy?

• Beer 3

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

SP on Friday. We sell him on coming here today but it takes some time to hammer out the trade negotiations with the Aints

As leaky as our organization is, I would expect that to be in the press quickly. One would wonder if that would lead to the cancelation of the Denver interview, as well. That would be a dead giveaway. 

I think the Payton process is going to be dragged out. There is no real rush on his part because he also has the option to spurn all the suitors and wait for a better deal next cycle.

54 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am curious to see who makes the cut if second round interviews are in order.

Also curious to see if any of our interviewees get poached by the time we make our decision. Whether they were in serious consideration here or not.

That is another interesting question that could be asked. Where in the order of available open positions will we fill our coaching vacancy?

You're on top of this.  Inside info?