• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other Thoughts About Our First Pick

RumHam

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

There is no QB in the NFL that looks at our roster and says, "Man that TMJ guy will be a stud!"

It's basically Moore and a bunch of JAG's. Not something enticing for a FA QB.

I look at him and don't know. Rhule had a way of taking guys and bringing them down a level. Look at Chinn. DROY should have been, then moved to FS and kept there when he plays much better closer to the line. BC learning to play every position on the line when he was the best LT we had pre-Ickey. Chuba being the pass catching back with hands of stone. Things that just made no sense at all. I don't know if will be a stud or if he could be another Moose. It's just sad we have no idea of a lot of guys' capabilities because Rhule had no idea what it meant to actually be a coach. 

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I look at him and don't know. Rhule had a way of taking guys and bringing them down a level. Look at Chinn. DROY should have been, then moved to FS and kept there when he plays much better closer to the line. BC learning to play every position on the line when he was the best LT we had pre-Ickey. Chuba being the pass catching back with hands of stone. Things that just made no sense at all. I don't know if will be a stud or if he could be another Moose. It's just sad we have no idea of a lot of guys' capabilities because Rhule had no idea what it meant to actually be a coach. 

We had some guys pop when Rhule got canned and they got more burn but I don't think we had any real "revelation" type guys that just came in and clearly proved they should have been getting a bunch of PT. We will see what happens with the next staff.

Like I said, I don't think there is anyone on this roster outside Moore that any quality starter in the league is going to look at and say to themselves, "Man, I really want to go play with this guy."

• Pie 1

You go get one of these top 3 QBs

No Ifs And Or Buts.

just like drafting Will Grier shouldn’t have been the reason to not draft one in 2020.

Banking on a Smaller, late 3rd rd QB from what was widely considered the worst QB crop in a decade, with some injury concerns.

That gets you fired.

”but what about Brock Purdy “

Brock plays on a team that has the

#1 LT in the NFL 

#1 Defensive player in the NFL 

#1 or 2 TE in the NFL

One of the top 3 RBs in the League

one of the top 5 WRs in the league.

so yeah, if you want to go get the best players at every position in the NFL and surround Corral with them.  Sure.

plus this WR isn’t that strong at the top.  And arguably isn’t a guy that’s worth a top 10 pick.

Just go get the QB while you have the opportunity.  

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, ECHornet said:

TMJ and Shenault are great WR3/4 types. I still want to see Shenault used out of the backfield more. DJ, imo, is a high end WR2. If we landed an elite #1 to pair with DJ and the rest, I would consider our WR room stacked. 

screw this project poo. We need someone to come in step in and ball out. We've missed on too many of these. Need someone better than DJ that will open up DJ for underneath routes.

• Beer 1

Just now, ncfan said:

no ifs and and butts.

just like drafting Will Grier shouldn’t have been the reason to not draft one in 2020.

Banking on a Smaller, late 3rd rd QB from what was widely considered the worst QB crop in a decade, with some injury concerns.

That gets you fired.

#1 LT in the NFL 

#1 or 2 TE in the NFL

so yeah, if you want to go get the best players at every position in the NFL and surround Corral with them.  Sure.

plus this WR isn’t that strong at the top.  And arguably isn’t a guy that’s worth a top 10 pick.

Okay now explain why Trey Lance was poo before he got hurt? He was a top pick and you have a seventh rounder outplaying even the longtime starter. Stop throwing poo at the wall and hoping it sticks. Surround your quarterback with protection and playmakers or you end up with justin fields.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Getting a QB early is teams that dont really have good talent around them. Trevor Lawrence is a good example. Went first to a horrible team. Usually when you are drafted lower you go to a team that is already decent or good. The weapons are already there. Purdy went to the 49ers as a sixth and looks better than rookie QBs in the same class. But if you put Kenny Pickett in for Purdy, the results would be the same or better. If you put Purdy on the Steelers it would be horrendous. It's about the pieces that are around, not necessarily the QB. A construction man can only build something when he has tools. 

sobered up yet?

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

No Ifs And Or Buts.

That gets you fired.

#1 LT in the NFL 

#1 or 2 TE in the NFL

Nope 

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

Okay now explain why Trey Lance was poo before he got hurt? He was a top pick and you have a seventh rounder outplaying even the longtime starter. Stop throwing poo at the wall and hoping it sticks. Surround your quarterback with protection and playmakers or you end up with justin fields.

Lance was a known project to begin with.

He was a toolsy guy, but played 1 whole season at North Dakota St.  He was. A risk reward guy that many teams were willing to bank on.  Similar to Anthony Richardson this year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Thats all we will get either way...the question is do you want to be stuck there? Build the team for a great qb.

What do you think we’ve done the last 3 years.

eventually have to insert the QB.

You can’t keep saying “got to build the roster up first” forever.

The NFL isn’t set up that way.  You lose guys in FA every year.  Holes open up Every Year.  And could make the case “let’s wait and build the roster up” Every year

we already have one of the Better OL in the league

we already have a #1 WR 

we already have stud core foundation pieces in on the Defense on the DL and in the secondary.

if your waiting until you have the top player at every position before making the swing.  You’ll never get to watch them make a swing in your lifetime.

you can find all those other secondary pieces in rd 2-4.  Hitting on a QB there is very slim.

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 2

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

What do you think we’ve done the last 3 years.

eventually have to insert the QB.

You can’t keep saying “got to build the roster up first” forever.

The NFL isn’t set up that way.  You lose guys in FA every year.  Holes open up Every Year.  And could make the case “let’s wait and build the roster up” Every year

we already have one of the Better OL in the league

we already have a #1 WR 

we already have stud core foundation pieces in on the Defense on the DL and in the secondary.

if your waiting until you have the top player at every position before making the swing.  You’ll never get to watch them make a swing in your lifetime.

you can find all those other secondary pieces in rd 2-4.  Hitting on a QB there is very slim.

I can absolutely say that.Especially with the prospects coming out and where we pick from.You are afraid and adding the "forever" part shows that.When other positions offer more than qb you load up.No qb in this draft worth 1st pick where we pick from and no qb in this draft worth what we would give to move up.

Edited by heel31ok

12 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

I can absolutely say that.Especially with the prospects coming out and where we pick from.You are afraid and adding the "forever" part shows that.When other positions offer more than qb you load up.No qb in this draft worth 1st pick where we pick from and no qb in this draft worth what we would give to move up.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news and burst your bubble.

By your standards it seems.  There will never be a QB that’s up to your standards in any draft that falls past the #2 overall pick

and those QBs that you seem to think we should only take.  Teams don’t even trade off that spot.  

So now you have me confused.  You want to be bad enough to get the #1-2 overall pick yet you’re out here campaigning to “build up the roster”

By your standards and ways of building the team.  We’ll still be here in 2038 going. “Well this QB class just isn’t good but have you seen the 2039 class.  We should build up the roster more first”

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1

Just now, ncfan said:

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news and burst your bubble.

By your standards it seems.  There will never be a QB that’s up to your standards in any draft that falls past the #2 overall pick

and those QBs that you seem to think we should only take.  Teams don’t even trade off that spot.  

So now you have me confused.  You want to be bad enough to get the #1-2 overall pick yet you’re out here campaigning to “build up the roster”

You cant burst a bubble with  false premises.