• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Meanwhile in Nebraska...

If you suspect you may have been poisoned and you need to induce vomiting, this is what I would recommend.

That was funny and made me spit my drink out, well done. 

I'll give him credit, him and his staff are recruiting their buts off. If he can coach, you'll be able to see it soon in Nebraska's record. 

Maybe he's just an NFL guy, that's possible... still sucks the Panthers were the guinea pigs.

1 hour ago, therealmjl said:

You can put 3-4 years down on a piece of paper but it doesn't mean anything when everyone in the world knows that if Wilks is hired he's on a year by year evaluation because he already has experience failing as a HC in the NFL.  I don't care if Tepper gives him a 20 year deal - it's not my money and has no effect on the allocation of the salary cap.

The book is out on him. He would need to do "an incredible job" to maintain any type of job security.

Exactly 

9 minutes ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

Slowest hiring process ever in the nfl 

I mean there's 5 vacancies and no one has hired anyone yet. Only Arizona and Houston have even scheduled 2nd round interviews. Carolina, Denver and Indy are in the process of doing so. Outside of maybe Denver, the leading candidates for these roles seem to be guys that are still in the playoffs. I doubt you're going to see much movement in terms of a guy being hired this week unless Arizona decides they want to hire Flores, Kafka, or Quinn.  

• Pie 1

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

I mean there's 5 vacancies and no one has hired anyone yet. Only Arizona and Houston have even scheduled 2nd round interviews. Carolina, Denver and Indy are in the process of doing so. Outside of maybe Denver, the leading candidates for these roles seem to be guys that are still in the playoffs. I doubt you're going to see much movement in terms of a guy being hired this week unless Arizona decides they want to hire Flores, Kafka, or Quinn.  

Jeff Saturday apparently still an option for the Colts

46 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nick Sirianni and Dan Campbell both said some things that people chuckled at when they first got their jobs.

They're doing decent now though...

Both are examples I point to when considering our next coaching hire. I don’t think there were many outside of the organizations hiring them that took them seriously. No one’s chuckling now!