• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

6 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Hadn't looked heavily into him but man, he's interesting for sure. 

Worked with Fangio as DQC in San Fran early 2010s (Also w/ST, WRs); then with McVay as a Defensive coach & passing game coordinator.

Now had a really damn good defense.  This guy looks pretty legit.  

I was wondering why, if he's so great, that the Broncos didn't just promote him to HC and keep him in house. Turns out he turned down the Interim offer. Smart guy. That place is going to be a dumpster fire for the remainder of Wilson's contract. 

14 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Hadn't looked heavily into him but man, he's interesting for sure. 

Worked with Fangio as DQC in San Fran early 2010s (Also w/ST, WRs); then with McVay as a Defensive coach & passing game coordinator.

Now had a really damn good defense.  This guy looks pretty legit.  

Why don't the Broncos just promote him then

5 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Steichen has relied on facing the worst defenses in the NFL, leaning on one of the better defenses in the NFL, and scoring 20+ points in the 2nd quarter while being shut out consistently in 2 to 3 quarters per game. The Eagles offense from a coaching perspective is extremely volatile. It looks a lot like the Mike Shula offense that ran up the score in 2nd quarters to go 15-1 during the season, and went flat as soon as that offense hit a good NFL defense in the playoffs.

Are we hoping Steichen is the best of Rob Chudzinski, Mike McCoy, Anthony Lynn and Norv Turner? A coach that is the product of the Seifert, Fox, Rivera and Wilks coaching lines? It's no wonder the Eagles offense resembles the Panthers 2015 15-1 offense. An offense that can pile up the points on a weak defense in the playoffs and then struggles when the buzz saw that is a top NFL defense gets in the way.

Don't pretty much all offenses struggle against elite NFL defenses?  Thats why the defenses in question are elite, because they shut everybody down.

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would put a healthy some on him heading back to TV.

He very well could, but I’ve seen a lot of media people talking about how long this is taking. It’s taking long for all teams not just the teams Payton is eyeing. I would imagine Payton himself will take a while bc so much needs to happen. 

34 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I doubt it.  Fitterer even said after this season that last years draft was a "nuts and bolts" draft and never mentioned Corral I dont think.  The question I'm sure that came up is what would you want to do to fix the qb problem.  Not, can you fix corral?

the dude your opinion GIF

tbh, we really don't know whether Corral ever came up or not.

I still would like one of the QB's in the draft anyway so it won't matter, though.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Looks like Quinn is the favorite for the Broncos job now. If it's to push someone it's Carolina. He's already one of the highest paid broadcasters on Fox at like 10m per for part time work basically.  

I can't imagine Fox would be heartbroken if he walked away. He's not some great TV personality.