• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

Dan Quinn and/or Payton are going to be the first dominos to fall.  Really looks like Quinn is either the Broncos or Cards next coach.  2 interviews w/ AZ.  It's really all dependent if Payton is back at Fox or elsewhere...

Edited by Bear Hands

I really thought that Tepper wouldn't be able to resist a splash with Payton but it's seems that he might have done just that. Panthers before interviewing Moore hadn't decided if they were doing 2nd interviews. 

If they move fast it's Wilks or Payton, if they take it slow and set up 2nd interviews Steichen has to be the favorite at that point. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Quinn's got a second interview set up this week, but it's not with the Broncos. It's with the Cardinals.

It's possible he gets the Broncos job. From what I've read, he has some connection to George Paton.

Heck, Paton would probably prefer that over giving Sean Payton full control, but word was Paton wasn't going to be included in the second round of interviews.

But again, every analyst (not just Albright) that I've seen asked who the favorite is in Denver has said Payton.

Didn’t the athletic say Payton wasn’t the lead in Denver 

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I really thought that Tepper wouldn't be able to resist a splash with Payton but it's seems that he might have done just that. Panthers before interviewing Moore hadn't decided if they were doing 2nd interviews. 

If they move fast it's Wilks or Payton, if they take it slow and set up 2nd interviews Steichen has to be the favorite at that point. 

Tepper is learning on the job.  All the hate he gets from some of this fan base is overblown.  I don't know anyone that goes into any job and masters it right away

• Pie 4

Just now, Khyber53 said:

I kinda think Fox is really hoping Payton gets a head coaching gig. The man just isn't made for TV and his lack of chemistry with the other commentators is really evident. Sheesh John Fox looks more natural on TV and that's saying something.

That's bad....lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1