• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

2 minutes ago, Dilla said:

I disagree, honestly. I think if it was Wilks, he would have been announced once we completed the final Rooney interview. The longer the process goes, the more I believe that Tepper has zero'd in on Steichen and is waiting for him to be eliminated or after the Super Bowl.

Panthers could make the offer and unofficially hire Steichen even if he is in the Super Bowl I think. I remember the commentators talking about Shanahan going to the Niners during the Falcons Super Bowl.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, frankw said:

Looking more and more like Wilks. Fug it get it done I guess. I got the popcorn ready for when his supporters jump ship and start calling for his job.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/f74cb1776f1a5a75f5996c4de6bb61b20c5e5dfb9cbd633d0b5278c6d269ec4a/1280/https://media4.giphy.com/media/dnP2VxYVlW2NW/200.gif

Already have my spot reserved for the “Fire Wilks”. 
We will be serving “I Told You So” alcohol. It is as bland and boring as Wilks is. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Dilla said:

I disagree, honestly. I think if it was Wilks, he would have been announced once we completed the final Rooney interview. The longer the process goes, the more I believe that Tepper has zero'd in on Steichen and is waiting for him to be eliminated or after the Super Bowl.

Seems clear we're waiting on Steichen. But it would be a very classic Panthers outcome for him to turn us down opt to stay with the Eagles and us end up crawling back to Wilks. Could see it going either way. But my preference is obviously anything but the status quo.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

Seems clear we're waiting on Steichen. But it would be a very classic Panthers outcome for him to turn us down opt to stay with the Eagles and us end up crawling back to Wilks. Could see it going either way. But my preference is obviously anything but the status quo.

I am not sure there is anything clear about our direction at the moment.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

He already interviewed with us right? I don’t think he would waste his time to simply turn us down.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Dilla said:

Bingo

14 minutes ago, frankw said:

Annnnnnd this is what I’m trying to brace myself for and totally expect to have happen 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It's never a good idea to rush a major decision.

There is no need to rush we have plenty of time. Just make sure we hire the right guy this time.

Rhule set us back big time.

Agree with this. No need to rush. Play it cool. 

regarding Ruhle, you are 100% right that his hire was so bad it may take a couple years to get over it. Completely f*clef our franchise six ways to Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Already have my spot reserved for the “Fire Wilks”. 
We will be serving “I Told You So” alcohol. It is as bland and boring as Wilks is. 

Concerning Wilks, in my opinion, the biggest indictment against him is the 21 play, 91 yard, 11:43 drive engineered by MITCH TRUBISKY. Let me repeat that: Mitch Trubisky! Steve, you simply COULD NOT allow that to happen in what turned out to be your biggest game as head coach.

I will cut him some slack on the Buc loss due to the injuries. But not the Steeler game. His coaching life was on the line in that one. He flunked.

• Pie 2