• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He already interviewed with us right? I don’t think he would waste his time to simply turn us down.

Hey I hope not but it happens. Just ask the Charlotte Hornets. And that coach actually took the job initially haha.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

Please hire Payton, Broncos organization, before Tepper does something stupid.  If there were zero strings attached to Payton, I wouldn't be opposed.  The steep buyout and total control is a deal breaker for me.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Maybe...

Kaye thinks if Steichen isn't the primary target, the Panthers could wrap things up within the week.

If we were really stoked about retaining Wilks it would have been done the next day after the Rooney rule was satisfied. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Tepper: OK,  Wilks, we could not find anyone we really liked (who would come here) so we  are giving you 1 (or 2 years) because we are hoping that someone we like better will be available later on.

Wilkes: No thank you.

How are you going to attract good assistant coaches or even free agents in a situation like that even if he did accept?

Not a good plan.

So they give him 3 years at 6 mil per and eat the one or 2 years if he doesn’t pan out. Cost of doing business. 

10 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Please hire Payton, Broncos organization, before Tepper does something stupid.  If there were zero strings attached to Payton, I wouldn't be opposed.  The steep buyout and total control is a deal breaker for me.

If you truly wanted payton,  just hire him as a consultant or _________ . Hes the real HC at HQ, but not labeled as such.....now you dont have to give the saints all the draft capital.....

p167z.thumb.jpg.fe775f8ed594293b32976a4985508997.jpg

54 minutes ago, Hogan said:

Concerning Wilks, in my opinion, the biggest indictment against him is the 21 play, 91 yard, 11:43 drive engineered by MITCH TRUBISKY. Let me repeat that: Mitch Trubisky! Steve, you simply COULD NOT allow that to happen in what turned out to be your biggest game as head coach.

I will cut him some slack on the Buc loss due to the injuries. But not the Steeler game. His coaching life was on the line in that one. He flunked.

He flunked to you.

Im sorry but if you go 6-6 with Sam Darnold and no weapons besides DJ Moore on offense you get a passing grade in my book.

Im starting to think people just want change just because. Wilks didn't have much to work with on offense and he did a pretty good job leading this team.

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not that I recall seeing...

Don't recall seeing bere mention Psyton being "out" in Denver. The only thing I've heard him say recently was that he thinks the longer this drags on, the more likely it is he's going back to television.

I think he has possibly been posturing for a bigger payday from Fox all along. If you look at the Sunday lineup for pregame on Fox some of those guys are probably about ready to pack it in. Jimmy Johnson is 79, Bradshaw 74 and poor health. He should get a bigger seat at the table, plus more money.