• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Apparently this is true...

Call me crazy, but I think this is intentional.

To me, it sounds like Wilson is more interested in Payton than the Broncos ownership actually is.

If that's the case and they don't want to upset their clearly fragile QB with them not hiring his preferred choice, seems like a good way to turn Payton off on the Broncos and get him to turn them down.

That way they can still save face with Wilson and say they went after the guy he wanted, but still actually hire whoever they wanted to.

Win-Win for ownership there.

4 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Rumors going around that Wilks, Steichen, Payton and Reich will get second interviews.  

Don't know the validity but likely the coach is from those 4. 

If that's the case, if there isn't a hire in the next couple of days, to me that means Steichen will be our next HC.

The other 3 can all be hired right now, most "experts" have ranked us as the best destination out there for the HC openings, and Tepper is likely also the owner willing to spend the most money to get his guy.

So if he hasn't moved on any of the other 3 in the coming days, to me that means he wants Steichen, and at this point if Steichen wasn't interested in coming here, he'd have withdrew his name by now.

Hence, Steichen to the Panthers seems inevitable at this point to me...... assuming this rumor is true of course.

• Beer 1