• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

6 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

A little off topic but the one thing I have never been able to figure out is how to post a tweet on here... What is the secret to this wizardly?

If you are on twitter on your phone in the bottom right corner of the tweet there is a box arrow symbol, click that and it will give you some options like copy and all that. I tap copy link and then come here and in the reply box tap the screen and hit paste. Works for me. 

• Pie 1

Does firing your current coach early in the season have any affect of the hiring process at the end of season. By that I mean, is it advantageous to fire your coach earlier so you can get a head start? We fired the first coach and it was pretty early, should we have a coach by now or are there too many outside circumstances at play? 

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Does firing your current coach early in the season have any affect of the hiring process at the end of season. By that I mean, is it advantageous to fire your coach earlier so you can get a head start? We fired the first coach and it was pretty early, should we have a coach by now or are there too many outside circumstances at play? 

In theory, it could help you get a little ahead of the game, but it does not seem to have helped us in our current situation. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

In theory, it could help you get a little ahead of the game, but it does not seem to have helped us in our current situation. 

I just feel like we should have dominated this coaching search, really, no excuse. They had so much more time than other teams. I don’t know, maybe I’m looking at it wrong. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I just feel like we should have dominated this coaching search, really, no excuse. They had so much more time than other teams. I don’t know, maybe I’m looking at it wrong. 

I mean you can’t interview current coaches during the season so unless we decided to bypass the current pool of assistants and wanted to hire someone who was on the sidelines like Reich or Caldwell (couldn’t interview Payton until after the season since he’s under contract), it doesn’t really do much. All it does is give you a head start on building your candidate list. 

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 4

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know that anybody else interviewed Andy Reid when he got the Eagles job. He wasn't even a coordinator at the time. Hell, I'm not sure anybody besides them interviewed Sirianni last year either.

If there's one thing the Eagles have shown they know how to do, it's hiring head coaches.

the eagles aren’t interviewing Steve Wilks either 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

I heard this was coming. Good find!

Thanks!!! It was a good listen. Some highlights:

- Albright believes Payton may be returning to Fox and will wait till next year to see if one of the LA teams or Dallas opens up.

- He also believes the final two is between Wilks and Steichen with Steichen having the edge because Tepper wants a young, offensive minded coach to pair with a rookie QB.

- Speaking of rookie QB, Albright has been hearing that the Panthers will do anything it takes to get Stroud but the Bears may be the surprise team to take a QB. 

- Julian Council asked why Wilks didn't get more looks around the league and Albright said that it was due to the lack of openings and that the teams already had guys in mind they wanted to interview and stated that many owners are following the trend and want an offensive minded coach because the league is centered on offense but also thinks that being a minority coach could also be a reason.

- Also talked about the DC position, in particular, about Fangio coming here. He believes that Fangio will look at other options and only will consider Carolina if only the other options will not work out. Also stated that he doesn't know who Steichen would hire but imagines it will be his own staff and that him and Jonathan Gannon (rumored to be the front runner in Houston) will be a bidding war for some of the guys from the Eagles' staff.

I am sure I missed some stuff and most stuff is things we already know but some points were interesting...

• Pie 3