• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you….

Fright

3 minutes ago, Tommy Jone said:

Jesus christ that is an absolute haul. Negates Derrick Brown, Jaycee, Ickey, and another first round talent. I mean I guess but I wouldn't particularly like it

As well as YGM (yawn) and Chinn. Even with all that loss, Burrow is a stud so I’d probably have to be reluctantly ok with it. I’d have flipped my poo at the time though

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Can you trade 4 years of picks?

You technically can once that year's draft starts. So for example, in 2020, you could only trade picks in the 20, 21, and 22 drafts before the beginning of the draft, but once the Bengals were on the clock, the 23 picks come into play.

No.  As good as Burrow is, still, no.

If you had an extremely talented GM, you might be able to do that trade and still be competitive before Burrow's rookie deal ran out.  However, if you had an extremely talented GM he would negotiate a better deal from the start.

Nope.

Putting any QB ever in their prime on this team would be horrible.

This is exactly like what we talked about with Deshaun Watson.

Selling the farm and not being able to build around him would only lead to poor performance, injury, Derek Carr syndrome, etc.

Meanwhile, your future is mortgaged for years and you cannot afford anything.

If you knew he would turn out the same way he is now it honestly would be tempting. There is just no way to know that. I’m not a fan of 3 first round picks for a “sure thing” rookie QB, much less 4 and some. The biggest concern would be him possibly saving Rhule’s job as already mentioned.