• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I wouldn’t be mad if Fitterer was fired

hepcat

honestly the biggest problem with keeping fitterer is that his seat has gotten kind of warm and he’s liable to do “save my job” things 

you start hearing there’s a voice in the organization pushing to rehire Steve Wilks and sign Derek carr there’s a pretty good bet who it is

guys who feel like they’ve got to look like they know what they’re doing now aren’t taking big swings on potential superstar/bust QBs in the draft

fitterer needs an 8 win season and he needs it now, can’t afford to let a rookie player do scandalous things like “develop” or “learn and grow”

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Reality is still that Fitt got abused by Urban Meyer in that trade.   

Jags got a decent role player and a 3rd round pick.   We got trash.    And we just drafted Horn and were renting Gilmore as if we were trying to win a Super Bowl.  

It’s still an example of Fitt poorly managing the roster and our assets 

*only thing worse than Matt Rhule making.someone look bad is having Urban take you 

Just to be fair, we also got a fifth, that Fitt turned into Brandon Smith and Amare Barno.  Jury's still out on those two, but I think they are keepers and good depth.  Both could be solid starters by their third year if we can develop them.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, hepcat said:

Can anyone tell me what Fitterer has done to deserve staying though the next head coach? What’s his best move? Drafting Icky? Signing some offensive linemen who panned out?

As far as I can see he wasted a ton of resources on Sam Darnold who sucked ass most of the time he played for the Panthers, whiffed on re-signing some key players like Hasaan Reddick, drafted injury prone Jaycee Horn instead of Slater or Justin Fields…

Wait why is he still the GM again? 

with this logic can you tell me why any GM besides a handful have a job?

No up and coming GM with options would come play for a Baylor car salesman who has control. And certainly wouldn’t sign off on all these dumb moves. He either did that or made these moves himself, why does it matter how inept you are if you’re inept?

Fitt wasn’t miraculously the best candidate and isn’t miraculously the only thing Tepper has done that was a home run. Give me a break. Carrying over staff is a huge red flag, Tepper isn’t learning. He did the same with Hurney. Coaches don’t even hire GMs in the first place unless they’re all Star coaches lol. That alone should tell you everything’s but y’all are some weird ass fans.

Panther fans are the most forgiving, unaware, mediocre driven fanbase in the NFL, it is dumbfounding. Players can be garbage for years and Panther fans be like ‘giVE hIm a ChAnCe1!!’ like that did WR we have for three years I don’t even remember his name.

Combined with Teps dumbassery and this fanbase sometimes I feel like I could sneak onto the staff somehow and fleece the team out of several millions for a few years.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

18 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

with this logic can you tell me why any GM besides a handful have a job?

17 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

also, your logic is terrible. basically, like most GMs, hes 50/50 you give a handful of examples and say these are good and then you give a handful of examples and say these are bad. 

The draft is a crapshoot, 50/50 propositions like you said. But where I fault Fitterer the most is asset management. Trading draft capital for bad players, signing one of those players to a guaranteed $19m deal before he played a down for the team, drafting a CB when the team had glaring needs at LT and QB which are more important positions to win in the modern NFL. He has made a handful of solid decisions as well, mostly in fixing the offensive line. Every professional GM will have their plusses and minuses. But what I can't excuse is wasting resources when the value add isn't there and he's done that in spades.

He also passed on trading Brian Burns who I think the team wildly overvalues. The Rams look like a dumpster fire over the next few seasons and that haul of draft picks would have been good spots. Surely a competent GM could have replaced Burns with those picks. 

If a head coach wanted to come in and had worked with someone primed to be a GM before (Joe Schoen and Brian Daboll come to mind), I don't mind cutting Fitterer loose. Results are mixed and I'm on board with an organization that functions well together after what Rhule did to this franchise. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I like Fitt. I like that he is not complacent and doesn't sit on his hands. 

I think bringing in a GM after you hire a coach puts the GM into a bad position so Im excited to see what he can do with the role reversed. 

That said I do like some of the moves he made. 

- I liked that we took a swing at a 'potentially' top young QB in Darnold
- I liked that he traded a low pick for a 1st round CB

Those trades didnt net out, but they were low risk high reward moves. I would rather have a team that swings and misses than one that doesnt swing at all (Green Bay)

23 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I like Fitt. I like that he is not complacent and doesn't sit on his hands. 

I think bringing in a GM after you hire a coach puts the GM into a bad position so Im excited to see what he can do with the role reversed. 

That said I do like some of the moves he made. 

- I liked that we took a swing at a 'potentially' top young QB in Darnold
- I liked that he traded a low pick for a 1st round CB

Those trades didnt net out, but they were low risk high reward moves. I would rather have a team that swings and misses than one that doesnt swing at all (Green Bay)

low risk?

1 hour ago, Growl said:

honestly the biggest problem with keeping fitterer is that his seat has gotten kind of warm and he’s liable to do “save my job” things 

you start hearing there’s a voice in the organization pushing to rehire Steve Wilks and sign Derek carr there’s a pretty good bet who it is

guys who feel like they’ve got to look like they know what they’re doing now aren’t taking big swings on potential superstar/bust QBs in the draft

fitterer needs an 8 win season and he needs it now, can’t afford to let a rookie player do scandalous things like “develop” or “learn and grow”

If he needs an 8 win season , he gone.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, 54th man said:

My biggest gripe with Fitterer is trading cmc to an in conference rival. I'd take less compensation if he went to the afc. Just watch when we finally go to the playoffs and having to play cmc and he stands in our way. In the afc we would only have to face him once every four years or in a super bowl. Thats what irks me with Fitterer though.

We were extremely luck to get what we did for CMC. There were not going to be many suitors at what they traded for him. 

That was actually a huge win for Fitterer. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Well that's part of the conundrum. We are placing the future of the team in the hands of someone who knowingly took the role of glorified errand boy and stood by while we traded for Sam Darnold. If people want to rationalize that to cope I can understand but the truth is he is either going to do very well or he is going to set us back several more years. The Seahawks seem to have done quite well in his absence if that means anything.

It's also possible he realized Rhule was an incompetent HC from day one and thought he would be fired at the end of the season. You could see it in the end of the season presser last year, he expected Rhule to be gone. Spend one year in a bad situation to get yourself one of 32 coveted jobs in the NFL. I think he was playing the odds, but didn't quite expect the stupidity of Tepper buying into one more year of BS. That's all speculation on my part, but like I said, watching that presser, you could tell he was done with "the brand".

2 hours ago, Growl said:

This is a real problem and I’m hopeful there is pressure from the new HC and Tepper to finally fuging draft a talented qb in round 1. He could do both though. Draft someone like AR15 and sign Carr. I’d rather not go that route but it’s better than just not drafting one in the top 10.