• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I wouldn’t be mad if Fitterer was fired

hepcat

4 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

yup, you read that correct. 

We (a rebuilding team) traded away a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th round pick….

for a caliber of QB that you can acquire in FA for nothing.  And a red flag DB the worst team in the NFL didn’t want and was having trouble dealing 

that doesn’t seem low risk for a rebuilding team.   Seems like you flushed your assets down the toilet. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

We (a rebuilding team) traded away a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th round pick….

for a caliber of QB that you can acquire in FA for nothing.  And a red flag DB the worst team in the NFL didn’t and was having dealing 

that doesn’t seem low risk for a rebuilding team.   Seems like you flushed your assets down the toilet. 

Look it is what it is right now but at the time it was a good trade. 

You had a elite CB prospect that played under the worst coach in NFL history and we traded nothing for him. Thats good trade any day of the week. 

Darnold, the price was higher than I thought but getting a 24 year old QB that was graded as the top QB in that class coming from another terrible team is also not a bad swing. 

The chances of landing a starter with a 2, 3, 4 and 6 is very slim. We traded those assets for potentially franchise players. 

Are they playing like that? Obviously not, but if you never swing you never hit. 

• Pie 2

Honestly, we just have to see what happens.  The doldrums of the offseason.  

While it's fine to pretend we're all some expert armchair GMs around here, the reality is that none of us know jack poo about building a successful NFL team.  We might know a lot about things they don't know about.  I'm pretty sure my knowledge of D&D rules for the past 30 years is WAY more than the Panthers FO, but it doesn't make me more knowledgeable than a NFL GM.

I was fine with the CMC trade.  We couldn't win with him.  It's no loss there.  There were reports that GB offered a 1 for DJ.  How legit were those rumors?  Same with Burns.  There's a lot of agent smoke that goes out to these NFL insiders.  Or teams could be floating some of these to see what traction there might be.

What does it mean when the trade doesn't occur?  That it wasn't going to happen.  Again, there's a lot of spin in the NFL news cycle since everyone's an expert and insider.

So does Fitterer deserve to be fired?  I don't know.  I don't think Dave is going to pull that trigger this season considering the investment in Fitterer retooling the entire scouting department.  Fitterer is going to have a chance to pick his coach and his QB.  We'll see what happens from there.

2 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Look it is what it is right now but at the time it was a good trade. 

You had a elite CB prospect that played under the worst coach in NFL history and we traded nothing for him. Thats good trade any day of the week. 

Darnold, the price was higher than I thought but getting a 24 year old QB that was graded as the top QB in that class coming from another terrible team is also not a bad swing. 

The chances of landing a starter with a 2, 3, 4 and 6 is very slim. We traded those assets for potentially franchise players. 

Are they playing like that? Obviously not, but if you never swing you never hit. 

It wasn't a good trade then and it's worse now.  You can't defend it

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, CRA said:

yeah, I'm not one of those fans that has done cartwheels as Fitt has traded away our assets (a rebuilding team) and then traded down to acquire more picks because of the mistakes and how bad it looked.  That's not a positive IMO.  Overall, I'd rather just play the draft lottery with the highest and best picks I got.   Not saying I'm opposed to trading down in the right moment.  Fitt got caught that first year trading down like crazy because our front office was looking clownish after trading away our picks. 

Just a complete dysfunctional front office IMO that last couple years.   Which is why I don't see the mental gymnastics to keep Fitt around.  Best case scearnio he was a yes man to a shitshow.  We should just rip the entire band-aid off and start over.  

I completely agree. We were like a dog chasing our tail due to bad trades. It was embarrassing. 

4 hours ago, CRA said:

Reality is still that Fitt got abused by Urban Meyer in that trade.   

Jags got a decent role player and a 3rd round pick.   We got trash.    And we just drafted Horn and were renting Gilmore as if we were trying to win a Super Bowl.  

It’s still an example of Fitt poorly managing the roster and our assets 

*only thing worse than Matt Rhule making.someone look bad is having Urban take you 

Dan Arnold is end of roster fodder. To call him a "pass catching" tight end when he's averaged less than 2 catches a game for his career is trying to oversell a point or misplaced nostalgia for his actual impact. He doesn't block worth a poo either. Jacksonville went out and got an actual pass catching tight end in the offseason this year because of how little he brings to the table. 

If you want an actual argument for mismanagement of the tight end position, stick with blasting the FO for resigning Ian Thomas to anything other than a veteran minimum contract.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Dan Arnold is end of roster fodder. To call him a "pass catching" tight end when he's averaged less than 2 catches a game for his career is trying to oversell a point or misplaced nostalgia for his actual impact. He doesn't block worth a poo either. Jacksonville went out and got an actual pass catching tight end in the offseason this year because of how little he brings to the table. 

If you want an actual argument for mismanagement of the tight end position, stick with blasting the FO for resigning Ian Thomas to anything other than a veteran minimum contract.

meh.  Arnold was clearly a solid role player here on our roster.   But maybe we have different definitions of what that means.  No one is claiming he is a Tony G. 

But if you give up a solid role player and a 3rd round pick......for a red flag player that the worst team in the NFL can't deal.  You got taken in that deal.  No amount of bashing Arnold really changes that because just giving up a 3rd for him was a bad deal.  

and yeah, I blast Fitt for mismanaging the ENTIRE roster of a rebuilding team.  I think he deserves plenty of heat with wasting reps with Super Bowl rentals like Gilmore and Reddick too.  They made no sense.  They just delay us from addressing and repping guys. Part of what helped Ian get a contract he didn't deserve is because of how weak the TE spot was.  And trading Arnold made it weaker.  Yes, trading a roleplayer made the position weaker because it is a non-existent spot on our roster.  If we kept Darnold you don't have to overpay Ian.   Because they are both the same type player. 

I'm not a Fitt fan.  Mute point I guess.  He is here for at least another year at least.  Probably 2-3.  

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Part of what helped Ian get a contract he didn't deserve is because of how weak the TE spot was.  And trading Arnold made it weaker.  Yes, trading a roleplayer made the position weaker because it is a non-existent spot on our roster.  If we kept Darnold you don't have to overpay Ian.   Because they are both the same type player. 

lol just stop with the gymnastics. I've never seen so much love for a tight end that averaged around 2 catches a game and doesn't block. 

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

meh.  Arnold was clearly a solid role player here on our roster.   But maybe we have different definitions of what that means.  No one is claiming he is a Tony G. 

But if you give up a solid role player and a 3rd round pick......for a red flag player that the worst team in the NFL can't deal.  You got taken in that deal.  No amount of bashing Arnold really changes that because just giving up a 3rd for him was a bad deal.  

and yeah, I blast Fitt for mismanaging the ENTIRE roster of a rebuilding team.  I think he deserves plenty of heat with wasting reps with Super Bowl rentals like Gilmore and Reddick too.  They made no sense.  They just delay us from addressing and repping guys. Part of what helped Ian get a contract he didn't deserve is because of how weak the TE spot was.  And trading Arnold made it weaker.  Yes, trading a roleplayer made the position weaker because it is a non-existent spot on our roster.  If we kept Darnold you don't have to overpay Ian.   Because they are both the same type player. 

I'm not a Fitt fan.  Mute point I guess.  He is here for at least another year at least.  Probably 2-3.  

https://theathletic.com/4124741/2023/01/25/eagles-49ers-haason-reddick-defensive-player-of-the-year/

fitt is a moron for choosing jackson over riddick