• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I wouldn’t be mad if Fitterer was fired

hepcat

22 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If we hire a dud coaching staff then it's clean house and try again.

Does Fitt have anything to do with that decision though? From everything I've seen the HC hire is Tepper's and his wife's decision, not Fitt's. Is Fitt really nothing more than a glorified personal assistant that gets to play mouthpiece from time to time?

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Passing on the Burns trade should have been the straw that broke the camel’s back

That's true but ultimately we have a good foundation built with a ton of cap space coming up. I never felt that under Hurney. Also not sure if it's fair to have his time here associated with Rhule.

Edited by TheMaulClaw

21 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Where is it written Justin Fields is the franchise changing amazing QB a few believe he is. I have seen some of his game sand he is a GREAT runner and mediocre-half way decent passer. If we had drafted him ourselves I would have been disappointed. Also Horn's being so injury prone are two injuries any other player would have had if they were in that same scenario. I understand it if he was laying out of every practice for BS reasons like a sore finger nail but the dude has had some bad luck so far. Does it mean every season will be this way? Cant say for sure but I personally doubt it. When Horn is playing CB he is WORLDS above better than Justin Fields is at his QB position. I dont understand some peoples obsession saying we should have drafted Fields. The most important thing a QB does is THROW the football and he is not even that great at it so far. Cam was 100 times the QB Fields is and I want another Cam at QB, not a Fields who runs great and often looks like he just wasnt meant to throw the football in the NFL.

I agree Fit has been bad in some situations and he has made some decent decisions in others. I would probably give him another year to see what he does before brining down the axe on him. Lets see what he can do as far as results from players on the field with an actual real NFL head coach leading our players and not the numb skull narcissist in over his head blame casting excuse making process propaganda spinning loser we had at coach. Im not saying Fit is a god or anything but he at least deserves a season alongside an actual NFL head coach with a functional brain. Im biased and pretty much think Mat Rhule was the worlds worst coach the NFL has ever seen not to mention the biggest whiny bitch back stabbing piss willy after the fact of being fired scourned lover ever. Lets see what Fit can do with someone who isnt a piece of dog poo.

If you were to look at the entirety of Fields passing numbers and not just how many yards he threw for you'd see hes right on par with Cam when it comes to throwing the football.

He only threw the ball 318 times. The avg QB that starts 17 games probably averages close to 500+ attempts. He had 60% completion and avg'd 7.0 YPP. Solid numbers. He plays in a pretty crappy offense like Cam did in NE, Cam threw the ball only 368 times that year with 65% completion and 7.2 YPP and everyone gave him crap for how bad of a year he had statistically yet when you break it down and consider the offense the player is playing in the numbers aren't nearly as bad as the casual couch potato makes them out to be.

Like Cam, Fields will be an awesome QB with a chance to be great if Chicago ever gets their head out of their ass and learns how to build an offense around their young QB.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Ton of cap space? Do tell

People heard Fitterer say that we have a ton of cap space and got excited 

In reality we have no cap space this offseason and the space he was alluding to was future cap space. Which we can assume will be gone after this offseason which then puts us right back into those Hurney days 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

If you were to look at the entirety of Fields passing numbers and not just how many yards he threw for you'd see his right on par with Cam when it comes to throwing the football.

He only threw the ball 318 times. The avg QB that starts 17 games probably averages close to 500+ attempts. He had 60% completion and avg'd 7.0 YPP. Solid numbers. He plays in a pretty crappy offense like Cam did in NE, Cam threw the ball only 368 times that year with 65% completion and 7.2 YPP and everyone gave him crap for how bad of a year he had statistically yet when you break it down and consider the offense the player is playing in the numbers aren't nearly as bad as the casual couch potato makes them out to be.

Like Cam, Fields will be an awesome QB with a chance to be great if Chicago ever gets their head out of their ass and learns how to build an offense around their young QB.

I just dont personally see it. Watching all Cams games and then now many of Fields to me Fields does not look like he has what Cam did to me. If I were picking between the two I would take Cam every single time with no second thoughts. Maybe im biased but I would not have drafted Fields where we did Horn. If I did not take Horn, i would have taken another player who turned out very well in retrospect. I guess what im saying is I dont feel if you take Justin Fields and swap him with Jalen Hurts in Philly that he could do what Hurts has done with that roster. I think Fields is good enough to be a QB in the NFL but I dont think he is this god some people around here make him out to be and claim we should have drafted after the fact when its all over.

6 hours ago, hepcat said:

Can anyone tell me what Fitterer has done to deserve staying though the next head coach? What’s his best move? Drafting Icky? Signing some offensive linemen who panned out?

As far as I can see he wasted a ton of resources on Sam Darnold who sucked ass most of the time he played for the Panthers, whiffed on re-signing some key players like Hasaan Reddick, drafted injury prone Jaycee Horn instead of Slater or Justin Fields…

Wait why is he still the GM again? 

The entire offensive line. A top 5 corner. Finally trading CMC for some kind of draft capital. Fixing the worst cap situation in the league. Not signing “fan favorites” to overpriced contracts. Building a roster that is a QB away from killing in the playoffs. 

If Hurney was still our GM we would have extended CMC, given Reddick a massive contract, traded up or down for a WR, DL or LB in the draft and still not have an OT. He would have made minimal investments on the OL and signed cheap FA. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

He had 7 catches in 3 games for us, how could we possibly replace that? 

Reality is still that Fitt got abused by Urban Meyer in that trade.   

Jags got a decent role player and a 3rd round pick.   We got trash.    And we just drafted Horn and were renting Gilmore as if we were trying to win a Super Bowl.  

It’s still an example of Fitt poorly managing the roster and our assets 

*only thing worse than Matt Rhule making.someone look bad is having Urban take you 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

The entire offensive line. A top 5 corner. Finally trading CMC for some kind of draft capital. Fixing the worst cap situation in the league. Not signing “fan favorites” to overpriced contracts. Building a roster that is a QB away from killing in the playoffs. 

If Hurney was still our GM we would have extended CMC, given Reddick a massive contract, traded up or down for a WR, DL or LB in the draft and still not have an OT. He would have made minimal investments on the OL and signed cheap FA. 

What’s worse? Over paying fan favorites? Or overpaying trash like Robbie Anderson, Sam Darnold , etc. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Reality is still that Fitt got abused by Urban Meyer in that trade.   

Jags got a decent role player and a 3rd round pick.   We got trash.    And we just drafted Horn and were renting Gilmore as if we were trying to win a Super Bowl.  

It’s still an example of Fitt poorly managing the roster and our assets 

You guys remember that Matt Rhule was driving that train on that trade right? Dan Arnold was a Fitt FA find. 

We needed corner help though and Rhule had Henderson ranked as one of his top players the year that Hurney was the GM. So…he drove the train on getting Henderson here. You can question the compensation we gave up to get him. But he was a former top 10 pick at a premium position. You’re not getting a corner for a TE or a former 1st round pick (in year 2) for a future 3rd. 

So….if Rhule wanted him and had control over personnel that was prob the best deal Fitt was getting. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

You guys remember that Matt Rhule was driving that train on that trade right? Dan Arnold was a Fitt FA find. 

We needed corner help though and Rhule had Henderson ranked as one of his top players the year that Hurney was the GM. So…he drove the train on getting Henderson here. You can question the compensation we gave up to get him. But he was a former top 10 pick at a premium position. You’re not getting a corner for a TE or a former 1st round pick (in year 2) for a future 3rd. 

So….if Rhule wanted him and had control over personnel that was prob the best deal Fitt was getting. 

Cool.  Then the argument is Fitt has never been anything but a yes man.   And if that is all he has been.....there is no reason to have that weak of a GM carry over into another era. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Just now, CRA said:

What’s worse? Over paying fan favorites? Or overpaying trash like Robbie Anderson, Sam Darnold , etc. 

Over paying fan favorites…bc the contracts knee capped us far into the future and the mistakes continued to compound. 

Fitterer trades a pick for a player and then turns around and makes a deal to reacquire the pick while still clearing cap space for the future and allowing the team to build. You thought the one move he made for Gilmore was bad? Hurney literally did crap like that every year…trying to resign and acquire vets to “keep the window open.” When in reality the window had been closed already. 

Fitterer has been GM of this team for 2-3 years and this is the first time I can remember you can drop any kind of good QB onto this roster with a coach and we’re going to start winning. It doesn’t have to be a mobile QB. It could be a mobile or a pocket QB and with our defense and our OL/skill players were going to win games.

Were a play caller and QB away…problem is the last play caller (Rhule) sucked and so has every QB since Cam. The rest of the roster is elite tho. 

27 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Does Fitt have anything to do with that decision though? From everything I've seen the HC hire is Tepper's and his wife's decision, not Fitt's. Is Fitt really nothing more than a glorified personal assistant that gets to play mouthpiece from time to time?

It's lose lose either way. If he didn't then he is a wet noodle GM and if he did then he was part of the problem.

• Pie 1