• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I wouldn’t be mad if Fitterer was fired

hepcat

10 hours ago, CRA said:

There is no mental gymnastics.  You can call Arnold a stale ham and cheese sandwich.  It doesn't matter.  A stale ham and cheese sandwich and a 3rd round pick.......was Carolina getting taken by Urban/Jags. 

It's not drooling over Arnold.  He was average.   Hence me never calling him anything but a roleplayer. Something this roster doesn't even have.    So we made a hole bigger.  Which then leads to more mistakes.  Overpaying a TE that isn't even as good as Arnold lol.  A rebuilding team gave away another draft pick and this time a 3rd.   For garbage.  We lost that trade no matter how you define Arnold.  It's just one of many examples of Fitt's bad.   It's only relevant because it pertains to the poor job of managing the roster and our assets.......for a team that was suppose to be building from the ground up. 

It’s gymnastics that you are pretending that trading Dan Arnold meant we were “forced” to resign Ian Thomas. Those are two moves that are not mutually exclusive. Tight ends who can catch two passes a game are not exactly hard to find.

I’m not saying the Jags didn’t get the better of the trade, but it didn’t have anything to do with the inclusion of Arnold. Would you have rather that fitterer gave up a 2nd rounder straight up or throw in extra picks for Henderson so that we could keep “pass catching tight end” Dan Arnold? 

I know that when you guys have your mind made up that you are done with someone, you have to take things to the extreme, but the fact that you and a few guys even care to bring up Dan Arnold as an example of someone who got away and are trying to convince people that anyone should care about him is over the top. Another guy a few posts later is blaming fitterer for not keeping Arnold and Chris manhertz as an excuse to why Sam darnold sucks. There are plenty of reasonable arguments to be made about the brain trusts in charge but these aren’t it.

Edited by X-Clown

So I'm going back and listening to some Frank Reich press conferences going back a few years to get a feel for the guy.

This guy is unbelievable at coach speak.  This is a quote I heard. "I'm glad you asked that question.  I'm not saying it's not true but I'm not saying it is true either, know what I mean?  I'm glad you asked that question."

Had me dying of laughter.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, X-Clown said:

It’s gymnastics that you are pretending that trading Dan Arnold meant we were “forced” to resign Ian Thomas. Those are two moves that are not mutually exclusive. Tight ends who can catch two passes a game are not exactly hard to find.

I’m not saying the Jags didn’t get the better of the trade, but it didn’t have anything to do with the inclusion of Arnold. Would you have rather that fitterer gave up a 2nd rounder straight up or throw in extra picks for Henderson so that we could keep “pass catching tight end” Dan Arnold? 

I know that when you guys have your mind made up that you are done with someone, you have to take things to the extreme, but the fact that you and a few guys even care to bring up Dan Arnold as an example of someone who got away and are trying to convince people that anyone should care about him is over the top. Another guy a few posts later is blaming fitterer for not keeping Arnold and Chris manhertz as an excuse to why Sam darnold sucks. There are plenty of reasonable arguments to be made about the brain trusts in charge but these aren’t it.

again, you are hyper focusing on Arnold.  As I said, you can call him a ham and cheese sandwich.  It could of literally been a sandwich.  We lost the trade.  A 3rd for CJ was dumb given the red flags and their inability to deal..... and that we are supposed to be rebuilding.   Supposed to be.   And this example is just a part of the bigger picture criticism of how our roster and assets have been managed (given we were supposed to be rebuilding).     

When your model of rebuilding is trading draft picks to acquire the waste that several horrible franchises don't want......I would say you are doing it wrong.  That has been the Panthers of late.    Then on top of that odd duck strategy, they went through a window where they were adding win now one year Super Bowl play rentals.  Nothing about that shows our front office employs people with an effective plan to build from the ground up. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I disagree, I was at the Vegas airport reading about that trade thinking "this Fitterer dude got fleeced," and for what it's worth, Henderson didn't play for the worst coach in NFL history until he got here.

Dude.. Rhule was not a good coach but there is a massive difference between what he did and what Meyer did.. Take off you rose coloured glasses. 

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, CRA said:

again, you are hyper focusing on Arnold. 

I'll help you follow along. The first post I responded to in this thread was on page 2, it was specifically to a poster who lamented that getting rid of "the much needed pass catching" tight end Dan Arnold was an issue. So yes, my response to this post was to point out that Dan Arnold in fact, was not a "much needed pass catching tight end" that matters at all, as evidenced by his less than 2 catch per game average over his career and his blocking that makes Donte Rosario look like George Kittle. This is all I argued, but because you seem to have a problem with anything that doesn't slam every single thing Fitterer does, you proceed to screech on and on about the trade for Henderson, and still are EVEN AFTER I SAID THAT I AGREED THAT THE TRADE WENT IN FAVOR OF THE JAGS AFTER THE DUST SETTLED. But since you feel the need to argue about something else with me, you somehow link trading Arnold with signing Ian Thomas, which in this wall of words you still haven't even started to explain why one move "forced" fitterer to make another. And then continue to talk about ham and cheese sandwiches. Now that we are caught up, if you just want to stop replying to me with the same things over and over that would be great. 

6 hours ago, CRA said:

again, you are hyper focusing on Arnold.  As I said, you can call him a ham and cheese sandwich.  It could of literally been a sandwich.  We lost the trade.  A 3rd for CJ was dumb given the red flags and their inability to deal..... and that we are supposed to be rebuilding.   Supposed to be.   And this example is just a part of the bigger picture criticism of how our roster and assets have been managed (given we were supposed to be rebuilding).     

When your model of rebuilding is trading draft picks to acquire the waste that several horrible franchises don't want......I would say you are doing it wrong.  That has been the Panthers of late.    Then on top of that odd duck strategy, they went through a window where they were adding win now one year Super Bowl play rentals.  Nothing about that shows our front office employs people with an effective plan to build from the ground up. 

It's so hard to say what was and wasn't Rhule influenced. I think the trading of picks for cast offs has been odd, but CJ always had the gifts, but could we put it together? History with Rhule would show absolutely not. He never developed anyone that I can recall. Almost every player got worse or was put in a worse position to produce under his reign. I'll be curious to see what Reich does as far as player development. I'm not saying Fitts is good or bad it's just undetermined. Right now, I'm not really getting the warm and fuzzy feeling that we have the guy to build the team right. But then again, it's probably pretty hard to build a team designed around "the brand."

34 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It's so hard to say what was and wasn't Rhule influenced. I think the trading of picks for cast offs has been odd, but CJ always had the gifts, but could we put it together? History with Rhule would show absolutely not. He never developed anyone that I can recall. Almost every player got worse or was put in a worse position to produce under his reign. I'll be curious to see what Reich does as far as player development. I'm not saying Fitts is good or bad it's just undetermined. Right now, I'm not really getting the warm and fuzzy feeling that we have the guy to build the team right. But then again, it's probably pretty hard to build a team designed around "the brand."

What’s ridiculous to me is they let Rasul Douglas and Eli Apple leave, Douglas had some early success on the Panthers, and both ended up solid players on playoff teams the very next season! That’s not on Fitterer exactly but he was the GM when it came time to retain at least Douglas. 

On 1/25/2023 at 6:43 AM, FugginPoo said:

He also traded Dan Arnold in that Henderson trade who was doing well with Darnold at the time.  The much needed pass catching tight end

This is the most ANNOYING trade I've seen him do.

Basically fixing what wasn't broken....and then ultimately breaking it when trying to "fix" it.