• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

Just now, unicar15 said:

Moore could also see the writing on the wall with Dak/McCarthy in DAL. May see an opportunity to work with Reich/Wilks as OC as an upgrade. 

Unless he is fired in Dallas can he do that? He’s still under contract with the Cowboys right? He can’t take a lateral position?

• Beer 1

Just now, Sgt Schultz said:

They probably asked Steichen how he would build his offense around Darnold and Walker, since they plan to sign Darnold to a 5-year deal and Walker to 3.  Steichen forgot to mute his mic when he said "you've got to be effing kidding me.  No wonder that snake oil saleman got this job based on a plate of meatballs."

You have forgotten, Hurney is gone. You've got to get over that.  I know it is hard...lol

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Frank Reich would honestly be a very underwhelming hire but probably the correct choice.

The fan base would certainly be less than impressed but a year from now we might look back and say, yeah Reich was the right guy for this job.

I tend to think this. Not a splash hire but a very respectable one, a departure from our previous hires and should be a guy that can put a very well respected staff in place for us. That's one thing that people said about Dan Campbell after he was initially panned because of his crazy interviews. Once he started to put his staff together, it immediately caught the attention of NFL people because he made a lot of very, very good hires.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Reich got fuged by Luck retiring. 

Was the revolving door at QB after Luck (and not drafting and developing a young QB) Reich’s fault or the GM’s? Anyone know?

Because his record with Brissett, two corpse QB’s, and Wentz is pretty good. 

Makes you wonder what he could do with some consistently at the position. 

I do wonder if hired, would Brissett be the vet bridge-QB brought in while Reich's rookie gets acclimated.

Not a bad 2019 campaign with almost 3k yards/18TD/6INTs. 6-4, 235 and just turned 30 last month.

image.png.f7656358403ab2ee471767d4300e047c.png

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Unless he is fired in Dallas can he do that? He’s still under contract with the Cowboys right? He can’t take a lateral position?

They'd have to let him out of his contract.

And honestly, given recent results, that might not be as shocking as you might think.

Panthers hiring Reich gives me Commanders hiring Rivera vibes. At the time Rivera had credibility and at least found success and was better than what they had at HC, but after 3 years the Commanders are still a mediocre team and in QB purgatory. I think Panthers have just regressed so bad with Rhule that we're settling for any HC experience now. 

• Flames 1

52 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

again, if we totally discount ss from being a candidate from one zoom interview then we deserve every shitty thing that comes our way

I can agree to some degree, however, who else is requesting an interview or 2nd interview with him? Not many, so there has to be something. On the flip side, we don’t know, he could be amazing. Picking a coach is a toss-up.

2 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I do wonder if hired, would Brissett be the vet bridge-QB brought in while Reich's rookie gets acclimated.

Not a bad 2019 campaign with almost 3k yards/18TD/6INTs. 6-4, 235 and just turned 30 last month.

image.png.f7656358403ab2ee471767d4300e047c.png

Yep and he was actually pretty respectable for Cleveland - better than Watson at least. Put up 2,600 yards, 12 TDs, 6 INTs in 12 games.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

Andy Reid is the best coach of them all, he's been here a minute. And I would argue the other 3 teams all have significant experience and time in the NFL too. You can't just go cherry pick the OCs from those teams and expect results. It takes an entire staff, give me the guy that knows his limits, and fills all the holes with proven men who've coached men. Taking a dart throw on a hot name worked out well with us with the last guy huh?

Rhule has nothing to do with this at all, college coaches tend to not work out. Taking a OC has yielded the best results in the NFL.