• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Could be because he just doesn’t have a job currently either

Read the article, it says that 4 coaches are still under contract. Mike McCarthy, Dan Quinn, Kellen Moore, and Joe Whitt, Jr.

Edited by philit99

4 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

Can someone explain why Moore is so disliked as an option? The Cowboys offense has been solid under him. I know the last play was meme-able but they were not scoring anyway from 70 yards away. 

Cowboy fans basically say that he creates good gameplans but can't adapt at all when things don't go according to plan. Case in point they were moving the ball until Pollard went down and the team was stonewalled from then on out.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Could be because he just doesn’t have a job currently either

As we understand it, only four coaches remain under contract: head coach Mike McCarthy, offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, and defensive passing game coordinator/secondary coach Joe Whitt Jr.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/24/most-cowboys-coaching-contracts-have-expired/

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

Can someone explain why Moore is so disliked as an option? The Cowboys offense has been solid under him. I know the last play was meme-able but they were not scoring anyway from 70 yards away. 

2 years coaching.

Kellen Moore can he lead men?

Will the players respect him?

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

2 years coaching.

Kellen Moore can he lead men?

Will the players respect him?

Doesn’t matter.  Apparently as long as you’re  under 40 and coach a good offense.  You check all the boxes and You’re more than qualified.

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Who said he failed to impress.  The pantherwire article makes it sounds like SS was like "I'm good"

Not really, but either way why would you wait?

Do you think they're gonna look back at anyone else's bad interview and say "Ya know, we should give that guy another chance"?

39 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Again, Reich has been fired from three different teams for terrible offenses (Arizona, San Diego and Indianapolis). Does the "offensive guru" really deserve a fourth chance?

Reich was only the WR coach in AZ for one year in 2012. 

That's... not really his fault?

And he failed in SD partly because Mike McCoy was the HC. He went to Philly and turned Carson Wentz into an MVP Candidate and turned Nick Foles into Big Dick Nick.

Then went to Indy where he didn't get to hire his staff initially because McDaniels pulled out after hiring some of the staff, then turned around and took Andrew Luck to the postseason, then Luck Surprised Retired right at the beginning of the next season so there was no replacement in place so they scrambled with the Brisket.

Dude was super unlucky up in Indy. 

He was fantastic by all accounts up in Philly.

SD, sure, not great, but also Mike McCoy was the one running the show and that's bad for everyone involved. Plus, you know, he had a top 10 passing offense both the two years he was the OC there. 

AZ he was a WR coach. It's obviously his fault the offense wasn't elite. 

I'm not following your narrative, especially when he has been a part of a top 10 offenses in 4 of the past 6 years, and has created great passing offenses with halfway decent QBs in every stop he's had some control over the offense. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1