• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, methodtoll said:

Why do I have a sneaky suspicion that it's going to wind up being Moore? 

All the arguing and debating on here between Reich/Wilks/Steichen and we end up with Moore... Wonder what the huddle will be like if that happens? lol

People are gonna bitch and moan regardless of who the coach ultimately ends up being.

2 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

Why do I have a sneaky suspicion that it's going to wind up being Moore? 

I have a sick feeling you may be right.  This might cause me to move  on from this train wreck. 

Edited by ickmule

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Never said he wasn't qualified my man.

Im saying those are some of the main issues people have against him.

If those "people" are that biased against hiring someone due to their age I presume they've never been in a position to hire folks, nor should they be.

Ageism is one of the "isms" you are forbidden to use to judge a candidate.  It's no different than treating someone differently due to race, gender or a laundry list of other reasons.  Better get some unconscious bias training for yourself if you think like that.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

CBS Sports' Josina Anderson reports the Dolphins interviewed ex-Broncos coach Vic Fangio for their defensive coordinator job.

According to Anderson, Fangio's interview was more than a run-of-the-mill meeting. Anderson noted that the team was expected to discuss terms and conditions with Fangio and that head coach Mike McDaniel "has a strong affinity" for the long-time coach. Fangio served as a defensive consultant for the Eagles this past season after being fired by the Broncos at the end of the 2021 campaign. Still, the 64-year-old coach remains one of the more coveted defensive coordinators on the market, with years of experience and top-ranked defenses lining his resume. In his final two seasons as the Bears defensive coordinator, Fangio's defense ranked ninth and first in points allowed per game.

I know it’s hard to pull a coordinator for a lateral move.

but wonder if Reich gets the Job and Fangio goes to Miami.  If he could get Philly’s DC, who worked under him in Indy.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

If those "people" are that biased against hiring someone due to their age I presume they've never been in a position to hire folks, nor should they be.

Ageism is one of the "isms" you are forbidden to use to judge a candidate.  It's no different than treating someone differently due to race, gender or a laundry list of other reasons.  Better get some unconscious bias training for yourself if you think like that.

So in other words we should hire him because you say so.

Why ask a question if you going to debate the answer.lol

What you want me to say hire Kellen Moore?