• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

When has a plan like that ever been executed in the nfl?

Bill Walsh handed the 49ers over to his DC George Seifert.

They might have been able to keep going there if not for the fact that Seifert was kind of a dick.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty sure Belichick was fired. Reid too. Levy wasn't especially successful in Kansas City either. Carroll was fired two or three times.

Was about to post the same thing. Arguably the best coach ever, Belichick was fired from the Browns. 

Just now, ncfan said:

Please enlighten me with how many NFL championships Carrol and Belichick had at their previous stop?

I don’t know. But I know Belicheat was fired by the Browns with a staff full of future head coaches like Nick Saban and Carroll was highly successful in college and only left to the NFL because USC was getting hammered for cheating 

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats kindof my point.  My scary point.  We trust these bozos to correctly assess one of these guys from a zoom interview?

I have no problem with the zoom interview thing.  The candidate is based on their responses.  Zoom or in person does not change that.

Plus,,,the bozo in the room last time (in person mind you) was Hurney.  Tepper new and too gullible.

Edited by ladypanther

For the “Steichen” crowd

steichen worked under Reich

Sirinani, worked under Reich

Philly’s DC…..Worked under Reich

Bears HC……. Worked under Reich

Philly Pass game coordinator…….Worked under Reich

Bears DC…..Worked under Reich.

he has the connections across the league to build a decent staff as well.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

I'm sorry, but that's a REALLY bad plan.

Those young assistants that are being groomed to be HC's keep getting hired within 2, maybe 3 years of them getting the OC job.

The odds of us being successful enough that we have one of those coaches at the time Reich is ready to step down is pretty low.  

Plus... we're literally turning down said groomed young OC's to hire the stop gap now... why not just skip the stop gap and go for someone who helped launch Herbert's career when he had questions coming out of college about being ready and helped shut down any questions about Hurts being a legitimate starter in the league as well!?!?!

In the last 4 years he has literally taken 2 QB's who were not sure fire NFL starters and helped turn one into an MVP candidate and another who is likely better but had a lot of injuries around them this year and still had a great season.

In the end, I just can't get on board with the idea of hiring someone of his age when we're not already in a win now mode.  Why are we wanting to hire someone with the idea of then drafting a young QB who we'd hope will play longer than the coach will still be coaching?!?!?

Its absolutely moronic seeing how one way or another we are going into 2023 with a young inexperienced qb and we will not even talk to a dude thats developed 2 of them in his career.  Completely turned one around in Hurts.  fuging bizarre man

Just now, ncfan said:

For the “Steichen” crowd

That’s definitely a huge qualification he has on his resume. And probably the biggest reason why he’s still firmly ahead of Wilks for me.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t know. But I know Belicheat was fired by the Browns with a staff full of future head coaches like Nick Saban and Carroll was highly successful in college and only left to the NFL because USC was getting hammered for cheating 

That’s all I need to know.

im not even going to waste my time arguing 

Edited by ncfan

Someone sell me on Reich. On the one hand Indy's ownership is a dumpster fire at best Irsay is a clown of the highest order. On the other hand who was it that pushed for Wentz? And there were some abysmal offensive performances with Reich at the helm.

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

For the “Steichen” crowd

Good point 

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

For the “Steichen” crowd

On paper it looks fine, just fine.