• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Where is this info coming from about him not “looking good” in a job interview? I hadn’t heard he even interviewed here yet?

Couple of different sources, some local guys mentioned it and so did Ben Albright.

Doesn't sound like Steichen is getting second interviews with anyone else either (even with his on-field success) so it's not necessarily hard to believe.

2 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

That's a lot of excuses for a guy who was fired three times already on very bad offenses, which is the only thing I said. And I know from previous experience you like to discredit any poster who makes your argument look bad, like when I posted the guy who got all first 10 picks correct during the draft and knew we were taking Ickey and you said that guy "edited it after the fact" because you said no one could possibly know we were picking him

I don't have to discredit you.

10 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Where is this info coming from about him not “looking good” in a job interview? I hadn’t heard he even interviewed here yet? 

please no personal attacks I am just seeking some clarification. Thank you

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/25/report-panthers-interview-eagles-oc-shane-steichen-didnt-go-as-hoped/

Edited by pww42
Wrong link

47 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Belichick was fired from the Browns as their HC. He was later traded by the Jets to the Pats.

I don’t want Reich but shitting on him for turning chicken poo into chicken salad in Indianapolis is uneducated.

The next coach won’t be anywhere near success in Indy as long as Ballard and Irsay are micromanaging everything. 

His Quarterbacks in his 4.5 years.

2018-Andrew Luck

2019- Jacoby Brissett

2020- 40 Year old Phillip Rivers

2021- Carson Wentz

2022- 37 year Old Matt Ryan

I don't have anything against Reich personally. I don't think he is an awful coach. I'm just not sure how much of an upgrade he is over Wilks.

Also the coaches have input. GMs do talk to their coaches about personnel fits. To say Reich had absolutely zero to do with that QB list you put up there would not be accurate. He was hired because he was a QB. They leaned on his decisions.

Edited by TheMaulClaw

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Welp that’s what I was afraid of. If he had said sure I can try and make it work because there’s no other options then fine but if he was the one lobbying for Wentz… good lord

Yea, that is cause for concern. If he is indeed the hire, hopefully he has learned from it. I want no more retread QBs. He’s going to need to get Stroud or Levi’s for me to be all in. I like AR, but I don’t know if he’s a match for Reich.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

That's strange, his second interview was reportedly this morning before Reichs. Even Rapport mentioned it earlier today. 🤔

Dallas source...

Kunkel's tweet technically only said "today".

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

That's strange, his second interview was reportedly this morning before Reichs. Even Rapport mentioned it earlier today. 🤔

I don’t think his physical interview was this morning.  They just mentioned that he stayed in town this morning and would be getting a second interview l.

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

I don’t think his physical interview was this morning.  They just mentioned that he stayed in town this morning and would be getting a second interview l.

He stayed in town, alone, to me is telling.  Something must have been said during the interview that "lead" him to believe there was no reason to leave town to quickly