• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

Tons of fans want Wilks (not me). He's the one the majority of the Facebook Panther fans want. 

That should tell you a lot 

8 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

I'm taking Goff over Dak right now....

Amon Ra is solid. I don't disagree with the sentiment, but #1 offense in year one? Can't tell me some part of this outrage is Cowboys related. 

I’m taking Detroit’s OL and Jamal Williams over Zeke as well

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Wilks will play a boring, pound the football style offense that doesn't work in today's game. He will have a solid defense and a terrible offense. Go 10-24 in his first 2 years and get canned. Save this. Bookmark it. Ya heard it here first. 

But he's earned it! But he's from Charlotte! But the players love him! 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So in other words we should hire him because you say so.

Why ask a question if you going to debate the answer.lol

What you want me to say hire Kellen Moore?

No, I'm saying you cannot use a candidates age as a determining factor unless it is a legitimate reason.  You not wanting an older coach is not a legitimate reason.  That candidate could sue your ass for discrimination based on that alone, and will win. Its a violation of federal law. I take it you've not been involved in hiring people or you would know this already. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Panthering said:

Rhule has nothing to do with this at all, college coaches tend to not work out. Taking a OC has yielded the best results in the NFL.

The simple fact of hiring a guy just bc he is an OC is simple. Maybe stating an offensive mind would make more sense when making your statement. 

All those guys are head coaches now who had to put together a staff. They don't just call plays.

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Players adored Marty Hurney too maybe let's bring him back in some capacity if Washington let's him go.

I really don’t care who the players prefer since most of them won’t be here in 3 years let alone next year. Any good coach will get all the players behind them and playing hard. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Reich Asst head coach/OC Wilks 

The other way around and I'm find with it. For too long the defense has been trusted more then offense. They would shutdown the offense and believe in the defense to win games. It's time for the opposite. 

Edited by Byrdman4real

Just now, hepcat said:

I really don’t care who the players prefer since most of them won’t be here in 3 years let alone next year. Any good coach will get all the players behind them and playing hard. 

Well if they preferred him so much they wouldn't have let the Steelers and Mitch Trubisky walk all over us at home in a game our media team hyped as a protect our turf big match-up. The team failed miserably. That tells me all I need to know about how much it matters that Wilks is popular.

• Beer 2

The only good thing about going with Wilks is he has already coached the team for 12 games so if he isn't winning at the end of next year then he is firable because it will be like his second year with us.

Just clean house and hire a consultant so we have a chance at ever hiring a good coach.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Wilks will play a boring, pound the football style offense that doesn't work in today's game. He will have a solid defense and a terrible offense. Go 10-24 in his first 2 years and get canned. Save this. Bookmark it. Ya heard it here first. 

You have to throw and run the ball. In today's game it is harder to develop an effective run game than it is a pass game given the rules favor offense and passing the ball. 

If Buffalo would have had half our running game to rely on when their passing game struggled, they would still be playing this week. In the snow and cold you have to be able to run the ball. And when they load the box you have to be able to pass. Which we actually did pretty well once Darnold got in and got comfortable with the offense which averaged right at 24 points a game which was in the upper half of the league in those last 6 games.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

They sure didn't want him coaching when they didn't show up in several key games. 

This franchise has always had problems filling the stands. I grew up in DC rooting for the Redskins and Charlotte can’t hold a candle to those fans in DC. Even after 25+ years it’s still a weak fan base as a whole. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1