• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

So nobody else?  That second round was really short.  I have to wonder if they do one more follow up with Wilks and Reich before making the decision.  I  actually interviewed with a company 4 times, 5 if you count the initial screening interview.  It came down to me and another person.  The other person ultimately got the spot. 

That said, I can see one more session with each of those guys...probably virtually, and the decision mulled over the weekend with the announcement coming early next week.,

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

So nobody else?  That second round was really short.  I have to wonder if they do one more follow up with Wilks and Reich before making the decision.  I  actually interviewed with a company 4 times, 5 if you count the initial screening interview.  It came down to me and another person.  The other person ultimately got the spot. 

That said, I can see one more session with each of those guys...probably virtually, and the decision mulled over the weekend with the announcement coming early next week.,

My guess is sometime Friday so they can start setting up coordinator interviews this weekend for next week.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Is Reich interviewing anywhere else? Could he really be a OC candidate?

Tepper is apparently looking for offensive HC and a guy with HC experience.

Only Reich and Payton fit the bill.  Reich wouldn't cost us any draft capital.

So.......

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Tepper is apparently looking for offensive HC and a guy with HC experience.

Only Reich and Payton fit the bill.  Reich wouldn't cost us any draft capital.

So.......

I like Wilks in the locker room but Reich is probably the better bet to get an upgrade over Holcomb at DC honestly. Wilks would only work if they convinced him to take on coordinators outside of his comfort zone. Reich is probably more willing to make a group decision on where to go defensively. Big bonus of the offensive head coach that we've never really had. Kinda ties together the fact that we already started interviewing DC's 

24 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I'm thinking Tepper makes a decision tomorrow. No more interviews no 3rd interview for Wilks or Reich there is no reason to delay this. 

I wonder if it's down to who can get/are willing to take on the more preferred coordinators in the eyes of Fitt and Tepper. Both guys are a pretty easy PR sell, Reich is a bit more X's and O's and Wilks more the locker room guy. Have a feeling Reich would be more flexible with the DC at least.