• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report. Panthers pivoting from Shane Steichen

raleigh-panther

44 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't exactly consider Billy Marshall the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Pretty sure Zoom meetings were all we could do at the time Steichen was interviewed.

Yep. It’s part of the leagues rules with playoff teams now. We couldn’t have Steichen in another interview in person until yesterday. 

• Pie 1

I don't really get it. We could only interview him through Zoom until like yesterday. So we gave him the opportunity and he didn't nail it? What are they supposed to do, let other potential candidates sign elsewhere and HOPE that all of a sudden he does a complete 180 from his last meeting? If he didn't get it based on the interview he would have presumably had this week sometime we would probably have ended up with Wilks because Reich was going to get signed. I swear people can't think outside of their emotions. 

• Pie 3

53 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

I don't really get it. We could only interview him through Zoom until like yesterday. So we gave him the opportunity and he didn't nail it? What are they supposed to do, let other potential candidates sign elsewhere and HOPE that all of a sudden he does a complete 180 from his last meeting? If he didn't get it based on the interview he would have presumably had this week sometime we would probably have ended up with Wilks because Reich was going to get signed. I swear people can't think outside of their emotions. 

This has usually been the case with Playoff Coordinators, especially the deeper they go into the playoffs.  I'm sure Steichen would love to get one of the 32 HC jobs in the NFL, but he's got to prepare for a big game.  If he blows that game, does it hurt his credibility to be a good HC?  It's a double edged sword. 

As far as The Roar, I like it.  Do I agree with John and Billy all the time?  No.  I appreciate their insight, and it's a nice listen on the way to work.  Ultimately, they are just 21st century journalists trying to make a living doing something they love.  More power to them.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm an advocate of both. If Carr is released we should be in the mix. Then we should still pick Anthony Richardson if he's there at #9. What I DON'T want to do is trade for Carr. They're going to try to trade him first. We need to stay out of that.

agreed with all that. no more trading for players. trade them for picks? sure, but i'm over trying to get players, esp. QBs, via trade.

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

agreed with all that. no more trading for players. trade them for picks? sure, but i'm over trying to get players, esp. QBs, via trade.

I'm okay with trading for other positions. I mean, sometimes you can have a good player stuck behind a great player and it makes sense for other teams to want to acquire the good player and for the team with both to get assets to bolster their roster elsewhere because they're not getting maximum value out of the good player stuck in a backup role.

But teams just do not move on from franchise caliber QBs. If teams are willing to part ways with a franchise caliber QB, red flags should be flying. There are injury concerns, declining due to age concerns, off field stuff... SOMETHING is going on.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Billy Marshall is a very whiny person who thinks he’s the smartest person in the room at any given time.

Yeah his relentless negativity is a bit much and he's got a voice for blogging it's a weird combo. Had to shut off the pod today cause he wouldn't let John dive into some Frank Reich details which is all I care about at this point, not so much how interviews were conducted and how the Panthers suck at everything. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Panthering said:

Yeah his relentless negativity is a bit much and he's got a voice for blogging it's a weird combo. Had to shut off the pod today cause he wouldn't let John dive into some Frank Reich details which is all I care about at this point, not so much how interviews were conducted and how the Panthers suck at everything. 

I get being impartial but he is never impartial and nothing the Panthers do is ever good to him and if you disagree on Twitter he just responds snidely.