• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

19 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I don't hate Steve Wilks; what I hate is the borderline obsession a portion of this fan base has with him and the "smash mouth" style he represents.

It's not 1995 anymore, folks. I remember when the fans complained non-stop about "Foxball" and wanted a modern NFL offense. Nowadays Matt Rhule has folks so shell-shocked they're begging to go right back to it.

Reich was far from my first choice (Steichen) but my priority was getting an offensive-minded HC and he does fit that.

McVay looked like a dweeb this year without superior talent on the offense. It doesn't matter who the coach is if you don't have a QB, or incredible talent. And to that point, you could argue that Wilks coached the BEST VERSION OF SAM DARNOLD throughout the end of the season.

• Poo 3

4 minutes ago, RJK said:

I wonder how Reich would handle Anthony Richardson if they can’t trade up. 

If the Panthers did select Anthony Richardson at #9, I cannot think of a better HC than Reich to develop him and have him reach his full potential as an NFL QB.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

McVay looked like a dweeb this year without superior talent on the offense. It doesn't matter who the coach is if you don't have a QB, or incredible talent. And to that point, you could argue that Wilks coached the BEST VERSION OF SAM DARNOLD throughout the end of the season.

Sam Darnold had the 9th worst passer rating in NFL history under Wilks what are you smoking?

• Pie 2

get back to me when we find out who the QB is

id like to believe both parties have learned from their previous approach but I also wouldn’t be surprised at all if their bonding moment in the interview was when Reich said “I believe in cost efficiency at the QB position”

if we start hearing crap about jacoby Brisset we all know how this is going to go

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, fjblair said:

Uninspired retread hire. Low hanging fruit. 

Obviously an improvement over Rhule but Tepper never fails to fail. 

At the very least the offense will be center stage for once instead of what felt like an afterthought with Fox, Rivera and Rhule. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Growl said:

get back to me when we find out who the QB is

id like to believe both parties have learned from their previous approach but I also wouldn’t be surprised at all if their bonding moment in the interview was when Reich said “I believe in cost efficiency at the QB position”

if we start hearing crap about jacoby Brisset we all know how this is going to go

While I agree with the take that I need to see what they do with a QB, I feel like Brissett would be the name that would give me comfort we are actually drafting a guy. Carr or Jimmy G etc I’d be running for the hills.