• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

7 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Here is another weird connection.

Parks Frazier who has been Reich’s Assistant QB Coach for 2 years and was the Interim OC when he left is married to Caroline Cann, our former team reporter. She is also a South Carolina grad. 

Looks like Parks may be on the staff, possible QB coach?

Oh and apparently Frank Reich was the minister that wed them.

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Any word on an OC?

The rumors are Kevin Patullo, Jason Michael, and Brian Johnson since they have some type of connection to Frank’s offense and are in position to be promoted. A few people on Twitter mentioned Parks Frazier but I think it’s too early in his career and he didn’t exactly do so well in his interim role.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Cdparr7 said:

The rumors are Kevin Patullo, Jason Michael, and Brian Johnson since they have some type of connection to Frank’s offense and are in position to be promoted. A few people on Twitter mentioned Parks Frazier but I think it’s too early in his career and he didn’t exactly do so well in his interim role.

Brian Johnson would be awesome!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Just imagine where we would be had we hired him before the Colts did. Along with a new GM to help him.

Also, I'm taking Reich's hiring as a sign that Dave has come to realize, trying to reinvent the wheel isn't an easy thing to do in the NFL, nor is it necessary.  Instead, Dave may have concluded it is better and much easier to buy the best wheel available.  If true, I'm perfectly okay with it.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Brian Johnson would be awesome!

People like his connection to Anthony Richardson. He was Florida’s OC before joining the Eagles.

However, I’m a little concerned about his other connection- Dak Prescott. He was his OC at Mississippi State and the Cowboys aren’t too happy with him right now.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

People like his connection to Anthony Richardson. He was Florida’s OC before joining the Eagles.

However, I’m a little concerned about his other connection- Dak Prescott. He was his OC at Mississippi State and the Cowboys aren’t too happy with him right now.

Yeah hopefully an OC wouldn’t have enough pull to make a trade for Dak and his contract. That would need to come from Fitt/Reich, but the Richardson connection is definitely interesting.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Dak still grades out better than anyone we've had since Cam, and his stats have gotten worse the further away he's gotten from Johnson. Could be why Kellen Moore went from interviewing for HC jobs to being interviewed for his own OC job or whatever they're doing in Dallas. Mike Mccarthy is still riding the Rodgers train as well and seems to be throwing guys under the bus, so I wouldn't put any of the current Dak stuff on Johnson. Also that broken ankle probably didn't help anything

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah hopefully an OC wouldn’t have enough pull to make a trade for Dak and his contract. That would need to come from Fitt/Reich, but the Richardson connection is definitely interesting.

Reich was open to adjusting schemes from Rivers to Wentz, so at the least he's not super stubborn about trying to cram guys into a specific system. AR would be quite a bit different than what he's used to, but he could probably do the dumbed down Wentz thing with more RPO's/play action and get him going. Reich also had a bunch of crazy run designs that probably helped Jonathan Taylor out so maybe he could apply them to a guy like AR

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Reich was open to adjusting schemes from Rivers to Wentz, so at the least he's not super stubborn about trying to cram guys into a specific system. AR would be quite a bit different than what he's used to, but he could probably do the dumbed down Wentz thing with more RPO's/play action and get him going. Reich also had a bunch of crazy run designs that probably helped Jonathan Taylor out so maybe he could apply them to a guy like AR

I swear Reich is going to get Levis. I can see it I swear. 

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Can you explain to me why Anthony Richardson is getting so much hype?

Im not sold on AR or Levis. They both look like projects.

very strange to see many on here underwhelmed with the hire

honestly I think we got the best possible candidate

top 10 offenses consistently even with below average qb's after he got hung out to dry by andrew luck retiring

should be an exciting team to watch the next few years, which hasn't been the case the last few