• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I wonder if Tepper is going to do the huge Rhule style introductory Megachurch thing again, or if it will be a little more humble of a presser Tuesday. I know Reich is a big jesus guy but at least he doesn't strike me as a Rhule/Joel Osteen type

He's Presbyterian, so probably more D James Kennedy than Joel Osteen 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I wonder if Tepper is going to do the huge Rhule style introductory Megachurch thing again, or if it will be a little more humble of a presser Tuesday. I know Reich is a big jesus guy but at least he doesn't strike me as a Rhule/Joel Osteen type

With Rhule, Tepper thought he was hiring his coach for the next 20 years. 

I think this presser will be much more low key. 

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, THIEVEZAVE said:

Wow, I wish I could post a screenshot of what I just seen.

Wilks OC list including Reich, and he also wanted 1aQB CJ Stroud, 1b Bryce Young, wanted to trade up for either one of them.

Transcripts from his second interview are being made for court.

Rupauls Drag Race What GIF by LogoTV

8 minutes ago, THIEVEZAVE said:

Wilks OC list including Reich, and he also wanted 1aQB CJ Stroud, 1b Bryce Young, wanted to trade up for either one of them.

I would love to read all the transcripts from Wilks second interview. 

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, THIEVEZAVE said:

So they just decided to hire the guy that was going to run the offense instead. This does nothing to help his cade.

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

So they just decided to hire the guy that was going to run the offense instead. This does nothing to help his cade.

Yeah, the argument that "Tepper's solution for improving the offense was the same as mine" (hire Reich), doesn't seem like it would help advance Wilks' racial discrimination lawsuit all that much. 

7 hours ago, THIEVEZAVE said:

So he based his interviews on maybes. Maybe I can get Reich to be OC maybe we can trade up for a QB 

• Pie 2

Bill Polian talks about Reich...

From the article:

Bill Polian, the Pro Football Hall of Fame general manager, has hired Frank Reich twice at critical points during both men’s careers.

The two have stayed in regular touch for decades. And Polian thinks it is important that Panthers fans understand that there’s a big misconception about Reich only being hired as Carolina’s next head coach because he is a former NFL quarterback who can coach that one position well.

Said Polian in a phone interview: “Narratives can kind of take hold, and the narrative now about Frank is: ‘Well, he’s a quarterback whisperer and the Panthers are going to draft one and then he’ll develop him.’ But he’s much more than that. That’s part of his skill set, sure, but he’s an accomplished head coach. He’s innovative. He’s adaptive. Players love playing for him and coaches love coaching for him. Panther fans should be extremely happy.”

As for how quickly Reich can get the Panthers into the postseason, Polian said it depended mostly on the offense.

The Panthers’ defense, Polian said, is already close to playoff-quality, and he called defensive end Brian Burns a “game-wrecker.” But the Carolina offense needs several big pieces, he said.

“You’ve got to solve quarterback, No. 1,” Polian said. “I think they probably need a lot more production from the tight end position…. Probably need more production from the second wide receiver (behind DJ Moore). ... And you need a dynamic running back. That guy isn’t here. (Former Buffalo star) Thurman Thomas isn’t here. Christian McCaffrey isn’t here. … So without those components — the most important of which is the quarterback — the offense is not going to be a playoff-quality offense.”

But Polian is very bullish on Reich and concluded that he will fix the team, and do so with class.

“Carolina is getting somebody,” Polian said, “that every Panther fan and every Charlottean can be proud of.”

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From the article:

Bill Polian, the Pro Football Hall of Fame general manager, has hired Frank Reich twice at critical points during both men’s careers.

The two have stayed in regular touch for decades. And Polian thinks it is important that Panthers fans understand that there’s a big misconception about Reich only being hired as Carolina’s next head coach because he is a former NFL quarterback who can coach that one position well.

Said Polian in a phone interview: “Narratives can kind of take hold, and the narrative now about Frank is: ‘Well, he’s a quarterback whisperer and the Panthers are going to draft one and then he’ll develop him.’ But he’s much more than that. That’s part of his skill set, sure, but he’s an accomplished head coach. He’s innovative. He’s adaptive. Players love playing for him and coaches love coaching for him. Panther fans should be extremely happy.”

As for how quickly Reich can get the Panthers into the postseason, Polian said it depended mostly on the offense.

The Panthers’ defense, Polian said, is already close to playoff-quality, and he called defensive end Brian Burns a “game-wrecker.” But the Carolina offense needs several big pieces, he said.

“You’ve got to solve quarterback, No. 1,” Polian said. “I think they probably need a lot more production from the tight end position…. Probably need more production from the second wide receiver (behind DJ Moore). ... And you need a dynamic running back. That guy isn’t here. (Former Buffalo star) Thurman Thomas isn’t here. Christian McCaffrey isn’t here. … So without those components — the most important of which is the quarterback — the offense is not going to be a playoff-quality offense.”

But Polian is very bullish on Reich and concluded that he will fix the team, and do so with class.

“Carolina is getting somebody,” Polian said, “that every Panther fan and every Charlottean can be proud of.”

Brian Burns a game wrecker? Nah dude, that dog don't hunt.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From the article:

You mean Ian Thomas, TMJ and Foreman/Hubbard needs upgrading?  Hmmmm, who would have thought that?  I was certain that we only a QB away on offense after being brainwashed by the Huddle.  Using my own logic, it was clear that EVERY skill position needed upgrading on offense--even Moore is limited, but QB thread after QB thread after QB thread convinced me that a good QB would solve everything. 

Bill Polian must be some sort of hack.

• Pie 3