• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

1 minute ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Coach Reich's press conference better be all about the QB situation. Grill him and ask what his plan is to find our next franchise QB. Draft prospects, Darnold, Matt Corral, signing veteran. His hire doesn't matter if he can't find our next QB. 

I think Tepper brought Reich in to fix the QB situation, so I do expect us to be aggressive in finding the next  franchise QB. 

Why would he telegraph his intentions to the other 31 teams in the league? I hope he's smarter than that.  He should just give vague answers like BB and look at everyone in the room like he's going kill them in their sleep. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

I'm sure you're happy. You've been banging the Reich drum for a while now haha

Only really settled on Reich when it came down to a choice between he and Wilks.

I do tend to prefer older, more experienced coaches. When I saw the interview pool though, I thought there was no way we'd end up with one.

Surprise, surprise 😐

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Pretty cautiously optimistic about this and wasn't my first choice, but thank sweet merciful jesus that it isn't Payton. Definitely prefer this to Wilks as well, especially if he was going to bring Holcomb with him. Will be interested to see what Reich does with the rest of the staff and if he retains anyone from our current one, I'd like for the two huddle fan favorites (Campen and Tabor) to be retained but if he does go in a different direction in that regard hopefully it's a good one.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Better than Wilks or Rhule....

Jesus is this really our bar.

I mean he is offense and you do have to wonder how many saw Rhule’s hired GM standing there with Tep and his wife and  immediately was like damn, f this. I’d have to imagine probably the better candidates that had the most options. Makes logical sense.

eh guess we will see. Hope the DC is good.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Only really settled on Reich when it came down to a choice between he and Wilks.

I do tend to prefer older, more experienced coaches. When I saw the interview pool though, I thought there was no way we'd end up with one.

Surprise, surprise 😐

Pretty surprised, and that's a good thing.  I kinda wanted Ben Johnson, but at the same time, this team is in DIRE need of structure and leadership....I think Frank can provide both.

Will not surprise me in the least to see Carr in a Panthers uni next year with Corral and a vet fighting it out for the no. 2 job.

At worst, we know that Frank Reich is an NFL coach, and one that's offensive minded....we could have done worse...and have.

Now, let's fill out a staff and see if Luke is interested in returning.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1