• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Smitty weighs in...

I trust Smitty's opinion and Greg Olsen's opinions more than dime a dozen analysts.   Yes, both of them were proud of Wilks and would have supported him, but I also believe both of them are well aware of the needs and deficiencies of our current roster.

3 hours ago, UNCrules2187 said:

The players that COUNT in the locker room are professionals and men.  They will understand that they do have a good leader incoming and what can be done to improve this team.  I could easily see us go 5-1 or at worst 4-2 in our division based upon our opponents for next year.  In addition, We also play the Bears, Texans, Colts, Titians, and possibly Rogers-less Packers next season.  All winnable games with our current roster.  THIS IS THE RIGHT MOVE.

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

Chance favors the prepared!!!  I'm excited to see who he pulls out of his rolodex!  Imagine if Kellen Moore gets scapegoated by the cowboys?  hmmmmmm.

Going into the draft I could see a few things happen. 

1. Wave Bye Bye to Sammy.  Enter Jacoby Bissett.  Former NC State QB, perfect veteran/bridge QB.  He's been in many systems, is well respected, and can give you some wins others do their jobs around him.

2.  We temper our aggression in the draft for a QB.  I would only push future capital for Stroud.  If the cost is too high, trade back and collect a future first round pick for next year's draft.  Come out swinging at a top 2 pick offering 3 first rounders to get either Mays or Williams. (2 - 2024 picks and a 2025).  We could draft a QB like McKee or Hooker to compete with Corral in the mean time.    If one of them hit, great problem to have.

3.  We cut some fat like Elflin, Williams, and Thomas.  Restructure Shaq on a team friendly deal.  Move Chinn to LB so he can wreck havoc again like his rookie year.  Extend Burns, and either tell DJAX he needs to take a pay cut or he will be cut.  Sign Gesicki as a TE, Devin Bush ILB, or even better, try to get bot Edmonds brothers here!

4. "BIG DICK" Nick Foles is your new QB coach, will rise to OC and take over for Frank when he retires!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

21 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

I trust Smitty's opinion and Greg Olsen's opinions more than dime a dozen analysts.   Yes, both of them were proud of Wilks and would have supported him, but I also believe both of them are well aware of the needs and deficiencies of our current roster.

The players that COUNT in the locker room are professionals and men.  They will understand that they do have a good leader incoming and what can be done to improve this team.  I could easily see us go 5-1 or at worst 4-2 in our division based upon our opponents for next year.  In addition, We also play the Bears, Texans, Colts, Titians, and possibly Rogers-less Packers next season.  All winnable games with our current roster.  THIS IS THE RIGHT MOVE.

Chance favors the prepared!!!  I'm excited to see who he pulls out of his rolodex!  Imagine if Kellen Moore gets scapegoated by the cowboys?  hmmmmmm.

Going into the draft I could see a few things happen. 

1. Wave Bye Bye to Sammy.  Enter Jacoby Bissett.  Former NC State QB, perfect veteran/bridge QB.  He's been in many systems, is well respected, and can give you some wins others do their jobs around him.

2.  We temper our aggression in the draft for a QB.  I would only push future capital for Stroud.  If the cost is too high, trade back and collect a future first round pick for next year's draft.  Come out swinging at a top 2 pick offering 3 first rounders to get either Mays or Williams. (2 - 2024 picks and a 2025).  We could draft a QB like McKee or Hooker to compete with Corral in the mean time.    If one of them hit, great problem to have.

3.  We cut some fat like Elflin, Williams, and Thomas.  Restructure Shaq on a team friendly deal.  Move Chinn to LB so he can wreck havoc again like his rookie year.  Extend Burns, and either tell DJAX he needs to take a pay cut or he will be cut.  Sign Gesicki as a TE, Devin Bush ILB, or even better, try to get bot Edmonds brothers here!

4. "BIG DICK" Nick Foles is your new QB coach, will rise to OC and take over for Frank when he retires!

I like this except Carr as QB.