• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

Just now, frankw said:

You followed this man to a new team I'm not expecting us to agree on this.

You shouldn't.

I'm not going to try to make you agree.

Just letting you know where I stand.

Won't ignore that he was for the first time in his career....EFFECTIVE...but am ready for a new Vet to sign (Brissett anyone?) here to hold the fort for whomever we are drafting.

10 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

This is why it's such a mediocre hire, imo.

They're not bothered at all that he's left.

I think it is unfair to say that until we see results... It is quite possible that he could learn from his mistakes and actually produce a good team here. I am not too worried what Colts fans think.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Darnold was very good when he came back from IR.

I doubt they bring him back because the new HC will want his own guy, but that stretch of 6 games was the best QB play we've seen in a Panthers jersey for a number of years.

Sorry, but when you have a statline like this
5-15
43 Pass Yards
0 TD
2 INT
2.8 Pass Rating

Playing in dome, healthy, and you played the full game, it discredits everything you've done. Burrow, Herbert, Mahomes, Allen, hell even Cousins, Carr, Tua, hell even Jones, Murray, hell even Davis fuging Mills doesn't even do that....literally only Darnold and Zach Wilson....31st ranked QB is not "very good" for the NFL. I will never understand the yearning for mediocrity on this board

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

I read that they were pissed at Ballard. They really don’t comment on Reich’s coaching style but how he handled the wentz situation. 

Yeah, hard to be pissed at a coach with a winning record after 5 different Day 1 QBs. 

5 hours ago, frankw said:

/cdn-cgi/mirage/53104d6b7d77be61ef3bb1efd0ac72110029b9eb62e50364751d10de7e95e9c6/1280/https://media2.giphy.com/media/T3Vx6sVAXzuG4/200.gif

He had the worst single game passer rating in the history of our franchise to close the season against a mediocre Saints team starting Andy Dalton.

Of nobody gets open who do you throw to?

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Sorry, but when you have a statline like this
5-15
43 Pass Yards
0 TD
2 INT
2.8 Pass Rating

Playing in dome, healthy, and you played the full game, it discredits everything you've done. Burrow, Herbert, Mahomes, Allen, hell even Cousins, Carr, Tua, hell even Jones, Murray, hell even Davis fuging Mills doesn't even do that....literally only Darnold and Zach Wilson....31st ranked QB is not "very good" for the NFL. I will never understand the yearning for mediocrity on this board

1 game discredits 5 others?

Happy Excuse Me GIF

Must be some new Math....

...is this the "Panther way" around here? 

Edited by glenwo2

"What have you done for me lately?"  I believe that is still a thing.    (and it is indeed "interesting")

But what do I know? I'm just a noob here who hasn't mastered the art of shoving his head so far into the ground I could see China.  🙄

Don't worry, I'll do better. 

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

"What have you done for me lately?"  I believe that is still a thing.    (and it is indeed "interesting")

But what do I know? I'm just a noob here who hasn't mastered the art of shoving his head so far into the ground I could see China.

Don't worry, I'll do better. 

"What have you done for me lately" "Have the worst game in the NFL since Nathan Peterman in the 'latest' game the Panthers have played"

I tried with Darnold, I really did, but that final game was evidence enough he isn't a starting QB and we need a big upgrade. You can't have games like that, the NFL has too few games. This isn't the NBA. I mean 5-15 for 43 yards? What the hell is that? And its his 5th year, no more excuses

Edited by amcoolio

Just now, amcoolio said:

I tried with Darnold, I really did, but that final game was evidence enough he isn't a starting QB and we need a big upgrade. You can't have games like that, the NFL has too few games. This isn't the NBA. I mean 5-15 for 43 yards? What the hell is that? And its his 5th year, no more excuses

hey. I'm not denying he was sh*t in that game.

But if we were to judge QBs on just ONE sh*tty game, there would be no QBs left in the league.

And don't be like mrINcompletely and attempt to whatabout'ism his past seasons where he's had sh*t for coaching and sh*t for O-Lines (something that's Ancient news and not relevant to the here and now).     Last season was the first time, he's had both that weren't sh*t.    And while he didn't exactly light it up like a Franchise QB would (thus proving that at best, his future is to be a backup in the league), he was decent enough to give the team a chance which is all one can ask for.     That is what I will acknowledge about him.

Now, do I think he should be brought back?    No.  

I think this team could use a Brissett instead (and hope that Fitts goes after him instead of paying up the nose for a Derek Carr).

But like i stated before to frank :  You can NOT want Sam back but still acknowledge he was Decent for us for 5 of those 6 games.