• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?

t96

Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?

39 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

No, but only because it's one of the hardest things to do in all of sports.  I'm guessing that he will try, and I think that he has as good of a chance of getting it done as most out there...but it's just too hard to say I trust him to do it.

Carr, Rodgers, Corral, Draft.

Some type of this mix if I had to guess.

Which is why I was such a big fan of Steichen -- he has experience developing Herbert and Hurts. Herbert was picked high but was by no means a unanimous top QB choice and we could get a similar caliber prospect around 9 or maybe with a smaller trade up. Hurts was a 2nd rounder and many were not high on him at all pre-draft. 

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

If you look at it from a lessons learned perspective for all parties involved (Reich, Fitt, Tepper), I gotta think we draft.  

I mean, Reich tried it with Wentz & Ryan.  We tried it with Teddy, Darnold & Baker.  Time to draft.  

I think the unexpected retirement of Luck really set Reich up for failure. After year 2 or 3 as a HC you are expected to win ASAP and I think that's what drove him to get retreads, they were trying to win playoffs and didn't have time for a rebuild. I think if you set expectations with Reich that he has to get the QB situation right and he has time, I think he'll feel a lot better about drafting a QB. 

46 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

If you look at it from a lessons learned perspective for all parties involved (Reich, Fitt, Tepper), I gotta think we draft.  

I mean, Reich tried it with Wentz & Ryan.  We tried it with Teddy, Darnold & Baker.  Time to draft.  

1000%. None of these guys want to try this again.

We’ll draft and maybe start Darnold for a few games.

18 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Good thing Reich isn’t the GM and wasn’t for the Colts either, so those choices weren’t his and won’t be his here. 

HC is always the most important guy in the decision making in who to add at QB. QB is the position the HC works closest with and often the defacto leader of the team. They 100% need to be in sync and on the same page or the situation is set up for failure. Very possible Irsay set Reich up for failure with QB choices but I don't think that's what happened. I think Reich was very much in on acquiring those guys. Especially considering his history with Rivers and Wentz.

For background, Irsay makes Tepper look like the best owner in NFL history. From what I've seen from multiple people, he heavily pressured Reich for a win now QB, hence his trend of retreads.

Not sure how much is on Reich or ownership for that, but something to note. He did, however, try to hang his name on Wentz which backfired heavy.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Moving to one from 9 would look something like this: 2023:1rst, 2nd  2024:1rst 3rd  2024: 1rst

Thats a lot

I think we’d give up one future first and a bunch of other picks. I think 2 future 1sts is too much.

• Pie 1