• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?

t96

Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?

36 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If we offered to swap 1sts and 2nds, add Burns (possibly valued at 2 future 1sts and a 2nd this year) since he is a proven edge rusher, and add the 9ers 2nd, would that be a move we should/could consider to get to 1 if necessary. That would be 3 1sts, 2 2nds in value to move up 8 spots. 

If we adding Burns in any trade it better be for the proven commodity aka Lamar Jackson.

DE is the most important position on defense. We are not trading Burns guys stop it.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Moving to one from 9 would look something like this: 2023:1rst, 2nd  2024:1rst 3rd  2024: 1rst

Thats a lot

Yeah I wouldn't want to trade more than next year's 1st and a 2nd/3rd this year.  3 firsts is just too much for an unproven QB....

• Pie 1

I don't know if he will be able to, I hope he will, but I think it's important to have perspective on where the Colts were drafting during this time:

2018: This was the year Reich was hired. Andrew Luck missed prior year due to injuries so they had the #3 pick. They traded back from #3 to #6 to draft Quenton Nelson as they didn't need a QB (at that time).

2019: Luck retires in August 2019 (aka after the 2019 draft had already taken place); they had the 26th pick and traded back 20 spots and picked up a 2020 second round pick

2020: Reich goes 7-9 with Brissett. Colts traded the 13th overall pick to SF for DeForest Buckner. Their first pick in that draft was pick 41 where they drafted Jonathan Taylor (you might have heard of him). You could argue they should have drafted Jalen Hurts, but he lasted all the way until pick 53 and they had just signed Rivers to a one-year deal. They took Jacob Eason in the 4th round.

2021: Reich goes 10-6 with Rivers so they had the 21st pick. QBs in that draft that went after the 21st pick: Kyle Trask, Kellen Mond, Davis Mills, Ian Book, Sam Ehlinger (to Indy)

2022: Colts did not have a first round pick due to the conditions on the second round pick hitting (Wentz playing 75% of snaps) that upgraded it to a 1st. Reich went 9-8 with Wentz and missed playoffs by one game. The pick was the #16 pick in the draft; you could argue they could've drafted Kenny Pickett here if they had this pick, but they had already traded a 3rd round pick for Matt Ryan who had put up a respectable season the year prior in Atlanta (3,968 yards, 20 TDs, 12 INTs).

11 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This move has Derick Carr or Jimmy G written all over it.

This team never learns.smh

Reich signed a 4 year deal and Fitt and company have been talking about drafting one for a minute.  I would bet we draft one this year.  I'm kind of intrigued to see what Reich can do with a Richardson or Levis, it probably depends on who his OC is.  

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Distinction without a difference.  Same question: How can Albright KNOW that Fitt, Morgan, the scouting staff, Tepper AND Reich are all in on CJ?

The same format he always reports things by...he talks with people close to the team and he relays it to people who ask questions. He clearly didn't give specific names outside of TEPPER but its close to off season and speculation is all we have to go by anyway. Being all in could simply mean they see Stroud as a true franchise guy and he said HIMSELF wouldn't be surprised If they traded up for him. Take it how you want though, if it bothers you so much then let him know directly.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Reich signed a 4 year deal and Fitt and company have been talking about drafting one for a minute.  I would bet we draft one this year.  I'm kind of intrigued to see what Reich can do with a Richardson or Levis, it probably depends on who his OC is.  

No disrespect Richardson and Levis will both struggle on the next level. We need a QB who is ready to be the guy.

We either trade up for Stroud or Young or make a trade for Lamar Jackson.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

No disrespect Richardson and Levis will both struggle on the next level. We need a QB who is ready to be the guy.

We either trade up for Stroud or Young or make a trade for Lamar Jackson.

Pass on Jackson. Young or Stroud it is.